Question about Koblenz on Viking

docestes

Scheduled for Viking Grand European Tour in October 2020.  The question I have is if anyone knows the arrival and departure time for the ship in Koblenz.  I am thinking about a trip to the Nurburgring, but don't know how long the ship will be in port.

Thanks

That question cannot be answered until the cruise starts, in all likelihood.  Arrivals and departures are subject to many factors, out of the ship's control (water levels, waiting times for locks,  number of other ships in port, etc).   This is very different from ocean cruises, where departure/arrival times are well known, so private excursions can be planned.  

This is one area where river cruises and ocean cruises are extremely different.  Booking private excursions is very difficult, if not impossible.

This could also depend on your direction Amsterdam - Budapest or vice versa. Koblenz to Nürburgring is about 45 min. by car. Not a long drive. The landscape is worth seeing, too. Perhaps someone has got a dailies sheet for you. But I agree with sharkster77 that there is a risk of your plan not working out.

Nevertheless, have fun planning and a great trip.

notamermaid