Best all inclusive?

TeacherMafia

My husband and I have been to Mr. Sancho's multiple times and are considering trying something else this next cruise. Paradise Beach and Playa Mia have both been suggested. What do you think is the best all inclusive for someone who just wants to eat, drink, and relax in the ocean? Thanks!

17 hours ago, TeacherMafia said:

My husband and I have been to Mr. Sancho's multiple times and are considering trying something else this next cruise. Paradise Beach and Playa Mia have both been suggested. What do you think is the best all inclusive for someone who just wants to eat, drink, and relax in the ocean? Thanks!

Nachi Cocom. It's very similar to Sancho's, but with better food, drinks, less crowds and a more chill, relaxed atmosphere.

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2020 at 10:45 AM, MisterOJ2 said:

Nachi Cocom. It's very similar to Sancho's, but with better food, drinks, less crowds and a more chill, relaxed atmosphere.

Just a suggestion, but you might want to add a, "In my opinion", when you compare Nachi to Sancho.

I've been considering both beaches so I checked out a bunch of youtube videos comparing the 2. It's pretty much even on which beach has the better food and drinks. The only certain things are that Nachi has less people and a more relaxing atmosphere.

Taste in food and drinks is very subjective. I did see one youtube video of a couple that did a b2b cruise and visited each beach a week apart. They found the food to be equal for both beaches. But they enjoyed the greater variety of drinks at Sanchos.

Edited by lowbass

Other than the beach and the island I don't find both similar at all. Sanchos is lively, more crowded, offers water toys and many other options. Nachi is quiet, relaxing, never croded, has no water toys, etc. When we cruise with my daughter's we wind up at Sanchos; when it is just the wife and I we usually wind up at Nachi

IMHO the food and drinks are better at Nachi.

That said, on our last visit our friends did not want AI so we had a GREAT visit to Paradise Beach. Good facilities, HUGE pool, nice beach, great service and we loved their taco truck!

13 hours ago, lowbass said:

Just a suggestion, but you might want to add a, "In my opinion", when you compare Nachi to Sancho.

I've been considering both beaches so I checked out a bunch of youtube videos comparing the 2. It's pretty much even on which beach has the better food and drinks. The only certain things are that Nachi has less people and a more relaxing atmosphere.

Taste in food and drinks is very subjective. I did see one youtube video of a couple that did a b2b cruise and visited each beach a week apart. They found the food to be equal for both beaches. But they enjoyed the greater variety of drinks at Sanchos.

I've been on these boards (and others like r/cruise on Reddit) for years and I can't ever remember seeing someone who has been to both Nachi and Sancho's claim that Sancho's food and drinks were better than Nachi. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but in my experience of reading lots of reviews - the people that have been to both think Nachi has better food and drinks. And that's been my personal experience as well. Many, many people enjoy the food and drinks at Sancho's - and so did I when I went there. I just found them to be better at Nachi. 

If this YouTube couple enjoyed the "greater variety of drinks" at Sancho's - that raises a red flag for me. Because I would say and Nachi has (I would almost say "by far") a greater variety of drinks. For instance, at Nachi Cocom, they offer Scotch and bourbon. But neither was available when I visited Sancho's. And similarly, the beer options at Sancho's was two different kinds of Mexican beer, poured out of 40-ounce bottles into small plastic cups. At Nachi, you can pick between 7 or 8 different types of beer, that are served to you in individual 12-ounce bottles.

Edited by MisterOJ2

13 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Other than the beach and the island I don't find both similar at all. Sanchos is lively, more crowded, offers water toys and many other options. Nachi is quiet, relaxing, never croded, has no water toys, etc. When we cruise with my daughter's we wind up at Sanchos; when it is just the wife and I we usually wind up at Nachi

IMHO the food and drinks are better at Nachi.

That said, on our last visit our friends did not want AI so we had a GREAT visit to Paradise Beach. Good facilities, HUGE pool, nice beach, great service and we loved their taco truck!

In addition to the beach and island, I would also say that the level of service is similar at both Nachi and Sancho's. And I would say that the facilities (pool/restrooms/bars/dining area) are pretty comparable. Different, sure, but I don't know that one is better than the other.