Encore - Any bars make good, real, Margaritas

PATRLR

I'd never been a fan of Margaritas until a friend from Mexico made me a "real" one.  And I am referring to "on the rocks", not frozen.   Previously my Margarita exposure was primarily the "pre-mixed swill poured out of gallon containers" (his words) served at typical tourist trap bars.  Since then, I've found bars  and bar tenders that know how to make good quality Margaritas and I'm wondering if I'm likely to find any on board the Encore when I'm on her in April.  

Do any of the bars make real Margaritas?  Maybe bartenders that will make a real or better one on request?

I think the perfect margarita (from the NCL cocktail menu), on the rocks, with salt, not too sweet, is a pretty good margarita. 

If you find a bar that's not busy the bartender is probably going to be willing to work with you to tailor a margarita to your liking. It would help if you could say what in particular you like in your margarita (variety of tequila and triple sec, on the sweet side or not too sweet, lots of lime, not so much lime, salt or not, etc). 

16 minutes ago, Apsalar said:

I think the perfect margarita (from the NCL cocktail menu), on the rocks, with salt, not too sweet, is a pretty good margarita. 

Thank you for your response.

I assume "the perfect margarita" is the one I see poured from pre-mixed jugs, right?  Or am I imagining that NCL's are pre-mixed?  (sorry, like I said I've not been a margarita fan in the past so hadn't paid too close attention to how they were making them)

It might be pre-mixed, just to save time when the bar gets busy. That doesn't mean it's bad. Try one made their default way, and then if you're not crazy about it you might be able to specify what you want them to do differently. 

For me, the pre-mixed one is probably going to be too sweet, just because I don't like cocktails that are too sweet, but a lot of people do. So just saying "not too sweet" might be enough for them to use less of the pre-mix stuff (it might be only the sweet and sour mix is pre-mixed and not the whole thing, it just depends on how the bar has been setup), or make it from scratch. 

I do know that what they use to make the frozen ones is completely different than an on the rocks margarita. The only margaritas I've had on a NCL ship was at Margaritaville which is not on Encore so I can't say for sure. I doubt it will be fresh squeezed lime juice, but I'm pretty sure they don't use a margarita mix and tequila.