Rental Car Return at Long Beach Cruise Port

SCLGFam2008

My family is heading to LAX for a cruise out of Long Beach.  We are planning to spend the first couple of days in Disneyland etc then drive to Long Beach drop the rental car off and then return with cruise transportation.  Are any rental companies accepted at the cruise terminal or only specific ones?   Tell me your experience(s).  I have been informed by another cruiser that they too do not believe there is a rental car return at the port and you can return nearby and take a shuttle back.  Does anyone know how far the shuttle is etc?  Would it make more sense to return the vehicle to the airport and shuttle to the port or not rent one at all and shuttle to the hotel then from hotel to port?  Trying to weigh out my best options.  TYIA 😃

1 hour ago, SCLGFam2008 said:

Are any rental companies accepted at the cruise terminal or only specific ones?   Tell me your experience(s).  I have been informed by another cruiser that they too do not believe there is a rental car return at the port and you can return nearby and take a shuttle back.

There is no rental car drop off at the port-- you can either go to Long Beach Airport or some of the other drop offs downtown and Uber/taxi back to the port. 

1 hour ago, SCLGFam2008 said:

My family is heading to LAX for a cruise out of Long Beach.  We are planning to spend the first couple of days in Disneyland etc then drive to Long Beach drop the rental car off and then return with cruise transportation.

I think you should just take an Uber/taxi/shuttle from LAX to Disneyland and then Disneyland to Long Beach. It will most likely equal the cost of the rental/gas and it will actually save you money that you would have spent for parking those days at Disneyland. I think you'll come out ahead $$ wise using something like Uber/Lyft for this vs renting and it will save time and energy. 

• 2 weeks later...