How to Get Return Taxi from Southwest Beaches?

mezabx

I'll be sailing in Jan 2021 and I would like to visit one of the beaches on the southwest side of the island, possibly Ffryes, Darkwood, or Turners, I believe these are all 30 min away.   I know its easy to get a cab here but how do we find a taxi to bring us back to the ship?

I just saw a youtube video (https://youtu.be/d-WGL5S-3zo?t=542) where a couple went to Darkwood beach and their taxi driver never returned so they had to hitchhike back to the ship.  I'm freaking out about this happening to me.  Please share your experiences on getting a taxi back to the ship from Ffryes, Darkwood, or Turners.

Edited by mezabx
Additional info for title.

12 hours ago, mezabx said:

I'll be sailing in Jan 2021 and I would like to visit one of the beaches on the southwest side of the island, possibly Ffryes, Darkwood, or Turners, I believe these are all 30 min away.   I know its easy to get a cab here but how do we find a taxi to bring us back to the ship?

I just saw a youtube video (https://youtu.be/d-WGL5S-3zo?t=542) where a couple went to Darkwood beach and their taxi driver never returned so they had to hitchhike back to the ship.  I'm freaking out about this happening to me.  Please share your experiences on getting a taxi back to the ship from Ffryes, Darkwood, or Turners.

If your interest are these beaches then your shared minibus there will bring you back.

Strange.  Hitchike?

The people were unable to 'phone for a taxi, there were no taxis plying to take people back to the ship or town, and there was no spare capacity on any minibus going back to the ship from Darkwood. Also no public transport (local bus service) was running. (?)

You can also get to and from these beaches by Bus route number 22. We've frequently used Bus route 17 to nelsons dockyard, which run every 20 minutes. So if everything went wrong you could walk to Valley Road and flag down the bus.

The buses in Antigua are mainly mini buses and cost approx $1.50 each way.