Seafood Restaurants in Downtown Vancouver

botbien

We want to try seafood (lobsters and crabs) restaurants in downtown Vancouver. One of the place that I came across is The Holy Crab. A lot of places advertise seafood but they have more of oysters and shrimps, not lobsters/ crabs. 

What other restaurants do you recommend around downtown Vancouver?

Thank you in advance. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, botbien said:

We want to try seafood (lobsters and crabs) restaurants in downtown Vancouver. One of the place that I came across is The Holy Crab. A lot of places advertise seafood but they have more of oysters and shrimps, not lobsters/ crabs. 

What other restaurants do you recommend around downtown Vancouver?

Thank you in advance. 

Joe Fortes and Bluewater would be my one/two.

Edited by scottbee

It's really hard to argue against Blue Water Cafe as the single best seafood resto in the city - both their raw and cooked selections are broad, fresh, and well-prepared. On the raw side, Tojos might be even better - especially if you order Omakase - but cooked, there's nowhere else that focuses as tightly on high end seafood dishes as BWC.

Unfortunately our go-to seafood resto, Coquille, folded at the end of last year and we've yet to figure out who is going to replace them in the 'consistently good but not as super-expensive as BWC' slot of our regular resto rotation. Since you mentioned Pan Pacific as a possible hotel already, Five Sails inside the PP is one of the more consistent fairly-fancy cooked seafood spots we make use of - probably nine times out of ten if scallops are on the menu there I order them, and they are always perfectly-seared without being overcooked. Botanist along the street in the Fairmont Pacific Rim is another excellent kitchen with plenty of seafood, but unless you are really into cutting edge food you may find their preparations on the flashy side, rather than just simple 'let the food speak for itself' style.

If you have a few people traveling with you, or can get a group together from your roll call, an Alaskan King Crab Feast is an experience everyone deserves to try at least once - Kirin is the most convenient downtown core resto, but given the price of such a feast (realistically you'd be looking at a minimum $400 just for food - but that could be divided among 6-10 people) cab fare over to Dynasty on Broadway (~$15 from downtown core hotels) would be a negligible add-on, and Dynasty have created quite a few of the newer AKC dishes since they opened, I'd regard them as the best of the new spots (Sun Sui Wahhttp://sunsuiwah.ca/s original Vancouver resto would be a bit pricier by cab - ballpark $25 each way - but they invented the concept, and if you can get a group of 8+ you could also add a course of their delicious Squab).

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...