How does Royal handle Guarantees

shelby2002

I have tried to read threads on this subject but my question is I just change my stateroom to a Jr Suite Guarantee about a week ago for our Freedom May cruise, since the price was only a few hundred dollars over our balcony price.  The Jr Suites on the site are going quick and only showing about 7 left, my status is still on Guarantee which is fine but does Royals computer system keep track on the number of guarantees out there, I just don't want to end up with no room on board, can anyone explain to me how Royals figures this out?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Shelby

They pretty much never run out of cabins.  You will get a JS or better.  Right now people in JS are being offered incentives to upgrade to GS and up for a price to make room ( if they even need to make more JS available). 

in the extremely rare case that you get downgraded back to a balcony, you will be refunded the difference you paid to go up a category and maybe some additional incentive 

Just because they only show a certain number of JS rooms on the website doesn't mean that this is all that they have open on the ship, too.  

Not everything is necessarily released to inventory at all times.  

In all my years here, I can only recall a couple of times when people didn't get the room that they were guaranteed (and when that happened, they were offered substantial financial incentives to accept the lower-category room).  

Even with the big overbooking computer problem that was reported here a couple weeks ago (it only affected JS rooms on one ship for a few weeks), I haven't seen anyone from that post that they got completely thrown off their cruise.  Just like with an overbooked airplane, incentives were offered and people took the deal.  

Don't bother checking/rechecking the available JS rooms every day -- just relax and know that there's a 99.999% chance that you'll be assigned a JS room by the day you depart!

Just know that they won’t be in any hurry to let you know. We have ws-gty which is suite guarantee. I’m not sure why there is both jr suite guarantee and suite guarantee. But we are 13 days out and still haven’t been assigned.  Of course we knew when we booked it was possible to be last minute that they assigned but hoped baring a problem they would assign much sooner. Everyone with other types of guarantee were assigned about 30 days out.  I feel like not knowing has dampened our excitement a bit.

I booked a dirt-cheap inside guarantee yesterday for the 4-night Brilliance sailing tomorrow.  Had a call from the Revenue Department this morning and am now sailing on the 5-night leaving Saturday, in a spacious ocean view balcony.  Paying only $102 pp port fees/taxes.  We are delighted!  Seems like very expensive mistakes are being made by Royal lately re: overbooking.