Drink Package Question

BINDY31

First time Cunard cruiser in just a couple of weeks. We usually sail Celebrity with the benefit of a drink package. Very convenient, no surprise bill at the end of the cruise. 
my question is, are there many drinks that come in under the $12 limit? I know that most spirits are going to. But wondering more about cocktails etc. very partial to a cocktail or two before dinner, or would we be better off just buying as we go?

cheers

Belinda

If memory serves me correctly most cocktails fall below the $12 level. My wife enjoys trying cocktails and we paid as we went last November and are thinking of buying the package for our April cruise. It doesn’t help that Cunard have removed the prices on their on line menus.

15 minutes ago, siforest65 said:

It doesn’t help that Cunard have removed the prices on their on line menus.

I seem to recall that the previous lists there was a good selection under the price limit. Hoping it is still the same. We also enjoy several cups of coffee a day, juices etc so hoping the package works well.  Thanks for your input.

My wife and I are gin martini drinkers. We were on the QM2 for 21 nights this past summer and did NOT have the package, and we're glad we didn't. The price of a Tanqueray martini---at that time, anyway---was $12.25. If we had the package, we'd have to have paid the full $12.25 for each martini, not just the 25 cent difference. Maybe there were cheaper brands that would have come in under the limit, but we want what we like.

I cannot believe that they do not let you pay the difference after using the drink package maximum. Every other drink package I purchased had that option. Celebrity and Princess had premium or ultimate packages that included everything including water and specialty coffees.  I do not plan on purchasing the Cunard package because of that discrepancy. It would bother me that I had to pay full price for a drink when I had already paid for a drink package. Especially since we will be on board for 21 days. 

5 hours ago, jimdee3636 said:

My wife and I are gin martini drinkers. We were on the QM2 for 21 nights this past summer and did NOT have the package, and we're glad we didn't. The price of a Tanqueray martini---at that time, anyway---was $12.25. If we had the package, we'd have to have paid the full $12.25 for each martini, not just the 25 cent difference. Maybe there were cheaper brands that would have come in under the limit, but we want what we like.

Don't you get a 20% discount on all drinks over the $12 limit?

Also, the drinks package includes the gratuity so you might also save having to pay a separate 15% gratuity on the drink. So, in effect you wouldn't be paying $12.25 for that drink if you had the drinks package. Without the drinks package the drink would cost $12.25 + 15%= $14.08. With the drink package it would either be $12.25x80% = $9.80 (gratuity included) or $12.25x80% = $9.80 + 15%(gratuity)= 11.27.