Lunch Cocktails in MDR

smogfarmgirl

In another thread someone posted sample lunch menus from the MDR and it got me to thinking… We have the classic beverage package, which allows drinks up to $9. All of the cocktails on the lunch menus are over that, and there are not very many of them. Is there a another drink menu that you can order from during lunch in the MDR? We will be eating in Blu for dinners, but I never thought about the MDR for lunch.… It’s our first cruise, and I’m still trying to get my head around the whole thing, lol. 

The MDR drinks on the menu are just suggested drinks, you can still order any drink under $9 like a gin and tonic that the server will get from the bar. Also if you want to try one of the more expensive drinks you will only pay the difference between $9 and the drink cost plus 20% gratuity.  You will find the same at Blu for lunch as well. Enjoy your first cruise, doing AQ Class is a great way to start.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

You will find the same at Blu for lunch as well.

With respect and to avoid confusion, Blu doesn’t serve lunch...

Blu does feature a few specialty cocktails at dinner that also exceed the price limit associated with the Classic Beverage Package...  Same deal; pay the difference plus 20% gratuity on the upcharge amount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Xport said:

With respect and to avoid confusion, Blu doesn’t serve lunch...

Blu does feature a few specialty cocktails at dinner that also exceed the price limit associated with the Classic Beverage Package...  Same deal; pay the difference plus 20% gratuity on the upcharge amount.

You are right, I was thinking Blu for dinner and it came out lunch. Thank you for un-confusing my confusion, LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

You are right, I was thinking Blu for dinner and it came out lunch. Thank you for un-confusing my confusion, LOL

I was relatively certain that your comment was unintentional...

Original poster is a first time cruiser—any line—and happens to be sailing in Aqua Class...  Just didn’t want them to be searching for a lunch option that isn’t available....

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Xport said:

I was relatively certain that your comment was unintentional...

Original poster is a first time cruiser—any line—and happens to be sailing in Aqua Class...  Just didn’t want them to be searching for a lunch option that isn’t available....

Thanks so much to all of you!