Boardwalk Balc amenities problem??: Anyone else?

cmspacca

In early August 2019, I booked a Med cruise for June 2020 on the Allure for 2 boardwalk balcony cabins through a TA.  In September, I got the emails (2rooms) from theTA to compete the surveys to request keeping the amenities instead of the $50 credit.  I filled out the surveys the day I received them for BOTH rooms and requested to keep the amenities. Royal did not send any confirmation that the surveys were completed.

Mid October, a mysterious $50 credit appeared on one of the rooms, but not the other.  I had to call the TA for a question and asked them to check into this credit on only one room.  We found out that Royal was giving us the $50 Boardwalk credit on one room but said the second room wasn't eligible.  I said I booked both cabins within minutes of each other and I received an email for each booking and filled out both surveys that I wanted to keep the amenities.  TA has called Royal twice for me and while Royal finally said they will give the $50 shipboard credit to both rooms, they won't change it to the amenities.  They suggest going to guest services when we get on the ship and request them to change it.  Just how I want to start my vacation

Anybody else run into this?  All I really want is the 2 soda packages per room.  I"m OK without rock climbing or the Johnny Rockets credit.  I still have the emails for both bookings but no proof of my response because Royal didn't send a confirmation.  Do you think I'll be stuck paying $300 on the ship for 4 soda packages?

Edited by cmspacca
took out TA name

5 minutes ago, cmspacca said:

In early August 2019, I booked a Med cruise for June 2020 on the Allure for 2 boardwalk balcony cabins through Costco travel.  In September, I got the emails (2rooms) from Costco travel to compete the surveys to request keeping the amenities instead of the $50 credit.  I filled out the surveys the day I received them for BOTH rooms and requested to keep the amenities. Royal did not send any confirmation that the surveys were completed.

Mid October, a mysterious $50 credit appeared on one of the rooms, but not the other.  I had to call Costco for a question and asked them to check into this credit on only one room.  We found out that Royal was giving us the $50 Boardwalk credit on one room but said the second room wasn't eligible.  I said I booked both cabins within minutes of each other and I received an email for each booking and filled out both surveys that I wanted to keep the amenities.  Costco has called Royal twice for me and while Royal finally said they will give the $50 shipboard credit to both rooms, they won't change it to the amenities.  They suggest going to guest services when we get on the ship and request them to change it.  Just how I want to start my vacation

Anybody else run into this?  All I really want is the 2 soda packages per room.  I"m OK without rock climbing or the Johnny Rockets credit.  I still have the emails for both bookings but no proof of my response because Royal didn't send a confirmation.  Do you think I'll be stuck paying $300 on the ship for 4 soda packages?

Get your TA to call back and ask for the resolutions team.    I had the problem with a couple of my clients and was able to get it resolved, it just took my time being on the phone and knowing who to push it up to.  apparently your TA doesnt want to invest this time.   (btw, mentioning specific TAs is frowned upon on CC).