Overnight Shore Excursion - new "Important Notes"

Baynanno1

2020 Overnight Shore Excursions

I have recently noticed a change / addition to the "Important Notes" (on the same excursion as a couple of years ago, as well as one on a potential future cruise).

It is as follows (just the relevant bits, as the rest is the same) :

Single Occupancy :  "A Single Occupancy tour is offered to a guest that is cruising alone."

Double Occupancy "On a Double Occupancy tour, two guests who share one room must book the same tour under the same reservation number to be able to participate. This tour is not offered to solo travelers nor to only one guest from a party of two."

Questions

* I have previously done Single Occupancy overnight excursions. Does this addition to the "Important Notes" effectively bar me (as one of a couple) from taking any future Single Occupancy shore excursion?

* Or is it simply poor use of the English language?

Might the Single Occupancy "Important Notes" have been better worded - A Single Occupancy tour is offered to a guest who is taking the excursion alone. ?

And might the Double Occupancy "Important Notes" have included words such as -  This tour is not offered to solo travelers nor to only one guest from a party of two at the (lower) Double Occupancy price. ?

I know I am not the only one of a couple who does half and full day shore excursions on their own. Interests differ.

I’ve never run into this. So there are excursions I can’t do if I’m sailing solo? Are they overnights? What if I paired up with someone I met on board? We couldn’t participate because we weren’t in the same cabin?

Interesting, but not a problem so far.

Melissa

9 minutes ago, Melissaghoti said:

I’ve never run into this. So there are excursions I can’t do if I’m sailing solo? Are they overnights? What if I paired up with someone I met on board? We couldn’t participate because we weren’t in the same cabin?

Interesting, but not a problem so far.

Melissa

Yes, these are overnights, as indicated by the words "single" and "double" occupancy.

It is not a problem if you are sailing solo :

Single Occupancy :  "A Single Occupancy tour is offered to a guest that is cruising alone."

From the new wording, it appears there may be a potential problem for one of a couple who wants to do an overnight alone.

From the wording it would appear that both partners must take the tour :

Double Occupancy "On a Double Occupancy tour, two guests who share one room must book the same tour under the same reservation number to be able to participate. This tour is not offered to solo travelers nor to only one guest from a party of two."