Upgrade our Balcony

anykiad

Hi everyone!

I know I have an endless stream of questions but y’all are just so helpful 💗 My boyfriend and I are going on a five day cruise and we’ve been offered to upgrade from our Balcony (BB) to a mini-suite the upgrade starts at $25 pp. I’d like to put in a offer thats likely to get accepted (and obviously as low as possible). Also I booked with a TA, am I required to ask her for help upgrading our room. TBH I’d rather avoid asking her anymore questions as she already booked this for us and is a work-associate. 
Thank you 😊 

Just contact your manager or the tour company and tell them what you are going to do. I am sure they will help you. Just keep in mind all the details regarding this upgrade cause I hear of situations when people would come on board but no one would know about your upgrade. Make sure to double check with the manager right after purchase (or  better a few days later). Just be safe 

How did you find out about the upgrade opportunity? Did your travel agent forward it to you, if so he/she would have to do the bidding, but if the email came directly to you you should be able to bid on it yourself. As another member said, what ship are you going on? If it's one of the smaller/older ships like the Gem or Pearl I would avoid the mini-suites. Room is essentially the same, except the shower is a tub also and the balcony is slightly bigger. Problem is the mini-suites on this class of ship are all on deck 11 which is below the pool and buffet so you'll be hearing a lot of noise from above early in the morning. That being said I would stay put in your BB. If it is a newer class of ship then the upgrade could totally be worth it.

Edited by RHilla619

3 hours ago, RHilla619 said:

How did you find out about the upgrade opportunity? Did your travel agent forward it to you, if so he/she would have to do the bidding, but if the email came directly to you you should be able to bid on it yourself. As another member said, what ship are you going on? If it's one of the smaller/older ships like the Gem or Pearl I would avoid the mini-suites. Room is essentially the same, except the shower is a tub also and the balcony is slightly bigger. Problem is the mini-suites on this class of ship are all on deck 11 which is below the pool and buffet so you'll be hearing a lot of noise from above early in the morning. That being said I would stay put in your BB. If it is a newer class of ship then the upgrade could totally be worth it.

My TA didn’t send me the upgrade info, Norwegian did. Its an older ship- the Norwegian Sun so I think you’re right I should probably just stick in my balcony

Before I bid on an upgrade I always do a fake booking and see what cabins are vacant in that category. If all the cabins are problematic, I pass, but if there are a good number of good cabins, I bid, unless the following applies:

before you bid, see what the actual cost would be for you to just upgrade. I upgraded this morning from. BB to a spa balcony for $31 and got to pick my own cabin.

With the rash of cancellations and reduced bookings due to Corona there are a fair number of vacant cabins with good prices.

76 past cruises

Upcoming:

NCL Getaway 3/29/2020

NCL Breakaway 1/10/2021

CCL Dream 5/16/2021