Walk in showers

Murphey

To my knowledge, all full suites (not mini-suites) have separate glass walk-in showers - at least the ones I’ve been in.

The exception is the premium suites (those high up and all the way forward) on the older ships. Those bathrooms are like the mini’s with  a tub shower combo.

There are some videos of Family Suites on You Tube. If you are considering booking one, you might be interested to take a look.  The main bedroom has a bathroom like the mini-suite - single sink, tub/shower combo. The second sleeping area has a bathroom like the balcony cabins - a shower, for sure, but I would not call it a walk-in.  It is more of a step-in with a shower curtain, not glass.

The newer ships have improved the Premium Suites with better bathrooms, but I don’t know about the Family Suites.

True. It is a matter of semantics.

I was thinking of walk-in as a roomy stand alone shower (like a walk-in closet) compared to the smaller step-in  step-out showers in other cabins. In either case, there is a sill to keep water in.

I think of accessible showers as roll-in. There are no barriers - for people or water except, of course, the shower curtain.

Edited by Babr

7 minutes ago, Babr said:

I think of accessible showers as roll-in. There are no barriers - for people or water except, of course, the shower curtain.

My son has a roll-in shower but it also has a glass enclosure. It's big with room enough for multiple people and two shower heads. There is also a button for steam. He's never had more than one wheelchair in there at a time but has had more than one person. (You could easily fit more than one wheelchair though...)

All full suites on Grand, Golden, Star, Caribbean, all Royal Class, Sun Class and Island Class should have separate tubs/showers.  Forward facing Premium suites (S6) on Sapphire, Diamond, Crown, Emerald and Ruby have the minisuite bathroom with a tub/shower combo only.  All other full suites on these ships have the separate tubs/showers.  

Minisuites on Sun/Sea have separate showers/tubs.  All other minisuites fleetwide have tub/shower combo only (with the exception of accessible minisuites which are shower only)

Family Suites (only on Grand Class ships and their derivatives) have two baths - one a mini suite bath with tub/shower and one shower only.  They are essentially a combination of a minisuite and an interior room, connected by the sitting area.

Pacific Princess all full suites and minisuites are tub/shower combo, except two accessible minisuites that are shower only

Someone correct me if I am wrong :)

• Like 1