Thermal Suite issues

lots-of-km2

I bought a Thermal Pass for the duration of a 16-day long cruise (Norwegian Epic -- Nov 22/19).  On the last 2 days of the cruise, a number of the features of the Thermal Suite were broken/turned off/ filthy: the thermal pools and the wet sauna.  I and maybe a dozen other disgruntled Thermal Pass holders went to the NCL Guest Relations desk to ask for pro-rated refunds, only to be sent upstairs to the Spa to reiterate the request.  Guest Relations told us that the Spa was run by a company called Steiner, and they were responsible for any refunds.  

The dozen of us assembled at the Spa intake desk waited for over 1/2 hour until the general manager showed up to address our concerns.  She agreed that each of us would be given pro-rated refunds. Over three months have passed, and I have not received any refund, so I've just now contacted NCL about this.  I paid NCL for the Thermal Pass, and my contract is with NCL, not Steiner -- so that's 'where the buck stops'.

Aside from the 2 days of non-functioning components,  I found that the Thermal Suite area wasn't well tended to during the entire voyage --- towels and robes left on floors and abandoned on chaises weren't being picked up with regularity,  yelling patrons weren't being managed,  the water and refreshment area wasn't tidy or replenished, and people who weren't pass-holders were constantly crashing their way into the place. Maintenance staff weren't monitoring the main area for long stretches of time.   

What is NCL prepared to do about any of this from a quality control perspective? 

Seriously you need to tell Steiner Ltd.  and also include the dates of your spa pass, the manager's name and the date and time you spoke to her.  Good Luck

Thank you for your interest in Mandara Spa!

To contact our corporate offices for Mandara Spa LLC division (North/South American, Caribbean, Hawaii and the South Pacific):

Mandara Spa c/o Steiner Management Services LLC
770 South Dixie Highway
2nd Floor
Coral Gables, FL 33146
Telephone: +1 (305)358-9002 Fax: +1 (305) 372 9310

• Like 1

Thanks for the idea and the contact info, Sauer-kraut!  I'll give NCL a week to reply to my communication to them, and only then will contact Steiner. 

Interestingly, the SteinerLeisure.com corporate website is non-functioning, and they don't have email contact info for consumers (no big surprise!).  If I have to contact Steiner,  it'll be by fax (so 'old-school') so I have an electronic record.  And of course I will update my progress (or lack thereof) on CruiseCritic, so that others in a similar situation can benefit from what I experience.