What if Celebrity

joeyanddavid

Would you buy a speciialty Cove Coffe Card if offered?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a speciialty Cove Coffe Card if offered?

Mu husband would I would not. It is free at the Promenade cafe on Royal Caribbean. Ok, it is not the best quality and not lattes etc... those yes you can pay but coffee? I feel like more and more things are being made so you have to pay for them. As long as the masses are willing I suppose.

Sounds nice...in a way...but I don't think you'd ever see it...here's why:

Soda cards are easy...First, soda is CHEAP...and there are lots of places on the ship to get it...and it's not all that labor intensive...

But specialty coffees are labor intensive...and you're talking about overloading the Cova Cafe with people "getting their money's worth"...The fact that they ding you every time helps keep the demand down a little...but, picture, say, 500 coffee addicts with "all you can drink" prepaid cards mobbing the place on a regular basis...

Sounds nice...in a way...but I don't think you'd ever see it...here's why:

Soda cards are easy...First, soda is CHEAP...and there are lots of places on the ship to get it...and it's not all that labor intensive...

But specialty coffees are labor intensive...and you're talking about overloading the Cova Cafe with people "getting their money's worth"...The fact that they ding you every time helps keep the demand down a little...but, picture, say, 500 coffee addicts with "all you can drink" prepaid cards mobbing the place on a regular basis...

Steve, on second thought I may have to amend my vote. I agree sodas are a cheap revenue source as far as labor is concerned. Speciality coffee drinks, require additional labor involved for the preparation. Even though I really enjoy my coffee drinks, I doubt it would fly with X.

Karyn

Boy - I would love it. I can't say I'm a big fan of the coffee in the dining room and at the buffet; I'd be willing to spend a bit of money to get real coffee; of course, those tiny Cova Cafe's would never be able to handle the volume. And I'm not sure I'd want to have to hike down to the Cova Cafe every time a wanted a good coffee (although that's what we do now). I also don't need to drink cappucino and espresso all the time either - I just want a good, regular cup of coffee.

I think a better thing would be just charging a bit more for the cruise and having better free coffee and maybe even, heaven forbid, free sodas. Although we're not big drinkers, I hate to spend a lot of money on coffee and soda, and for that reason, we're getting ever more attracted to some of the premium lines that offer free non-alcoholic drinks. It's annoying to be nickle and dimed for things that cost the cruise line so little to provide. Of course, that's probably one of the most profitable things for the cruise lines to sell, so it's not likely we'll see them being offered for free anytime soon.

I wouldn't because I'm not a coffee drinker. That may sound a strange answer, but I would if the tea and chocolate were better! The tea in the deck 10 buffet is the best in the ship, because they provide Twinings teabags and water that is hot enough for tea. Cova have teabags of unknown origin, and use lukewarm water that is then put into a stone cold pot, resulting in a tepid and not very tasty drink that I'm not happy to pay extra for.

I'm afraid I was very disappointed in the chocolate too as it's just a cheap add-hot-water mix (and when I ordered one, it was full of lumps of undissolved powder :eek: ). If I'm paying extra, I'd expect something made with cocoa powder and milk.

Being from Seattle, my bride and I need that coffee fix. We would love it. But if we can do soda cards and coffee cards what I would really like and would save me a ton of money would be Martini cards. Unlimited martinis in the Martini Bar and unlimited coffee in the Cova. Now that is a PERFECT cruise.:D

I'm afraid I was very disappointed in the chocolate too as it's just a cheap add-hot-water mix (and when I ordered one, it was full of lumps of undissolved powder :eek: ). If I'm paying extra, I'd expect something made with cocoa powder and milk.

sorry to hear that my hot chocolate at the cova I thought was excellent

If it were not "unlimited" it might just create a little more business in cova. I've never seen a cova overwhelmed with guests.

Like a previous poster suggested, a punch card, pay for a certain number but get a couple free might work and still not overwhelm the servers.

don't remember the exact price but I think it was about $4 for a capuccino ? So if the price went down to $3 with a card, (or maybe it's currently $3 and it would go down to $2) maybe X would still make money. After all, they give them away to suite guests.

After I read on here that someone ordered a hot chocolate and watched while the employee pulled out a Nestle packet just like you can get free in the buffet, I decided never to buy one.

Instead of an unlimited soda card, HAL is now offering a 20 punch card for $18.75. I hear so many people say that they didn't get their money's worth on an "all you can drink" soda card, that this might be an idea for X, as well.

Or, do you suppose there'd be some way to combine the soda and coffee cards, reaching some kind of compromise in price.????

Remember years ago Disney had a ticket that let you ride say two class A things, 3 class B things and 3 class C things instead of the more expensive all inclusive ticket where there is no ticket taking at all.

That is something X might want to consider, as well. The only problem is having to carry something separate to get your coffee/soda. It's nice when it is embedded on your sea pass.

I think we should all remember that the old 'E ride' tickets bit the dust. Think we can learn something from that?:)

You are so right after the E ticket, it evolved into one price general admission type ticket, but I don’t think the mainstream lines want to go all inclusive. Or should they.............so for now I would be happy with FREE specialty coffees!! :)

I would like to see "for fee" specialty coffee stations on the ships, not just in the Cova place. My god I walked through that area on the Connie and was about overcome with smoke.

I agree that the coffee onboard is just horrid. When we got off the ship we made a point to find a cafe and have a cup or two or three.

It "seems" like X could do better with the coffee situation.

I haven't sailed Celebrity yet but I'm looking at an upcoming cruise. I've sailed HAL and Carnival and they both have free coffee in the buffet area 24/7. Are you guys saying coffee is only available at meal times?

Archived