CheeseCake Facotry in Cocounut Grove, FL

serene56

Coconut Grove is a nice town to walk around in. For where your staying the Dadeland Mall location is a little closer and they offer a Sunday brunch. Of the two I'd choose the CG location. We always grab coffee and dessert there after hanging out in Fat Tuesdays next door ;)

Thanks- so it isnt that far away? I did rent a car to get us around. I really would like to see South Beach.

Do you have a better place to eat at?

Serene, why don't you all eat in South Beach if you'd like to see the place? Cheesecake Factory is nice and so is Coral Gables but there are many good places in South Beach.

Along the same pricepoint:

Larios on Ocean Drive. Owned by Gloria Estefan it serves excellent and reasonably priced Cuban and continental fare. Sit outside and people watch.

Davids II on the corner of Lincoln Road Mall and Meridian. Again, excellent reasonably priced Cuban food.

Restaurants in South Beach tend to be very expensive but the above two are very reasonable.

Larios would be the most entertaining and fun. It will also give you a good view of South Beach.

Larios on Ocean Drive. Owned by Gloria Estefan it serves excellent and reasonably priced Cuban and continental fare. Sit outside and people watch.

Larios would be the most entertaining and fun. It will also give you a good view of South Beach.

I will second Larios. I give it as one of my suggestions to clients staying in Miami before or after a cruise.

Also, in the same building in Coconut Grove is Cafe TuTu Tango which I love to eat it. All items are appetizer size so everyone can try different things.

Ocean Drive restaurants in South Beach are mostly overated. The restaurants are mediocre at best. Larios on the beach is no exception.

Singer Gloria Estefan and her husband Emilio pay homage to home-style Cuban cooking for tourists and fans here, but, in terms of cuisine, it’s got nothing over the Cuban dives around the corner that offer similar food for about half the price.

If you really want to experience good Cuban food head towards Calle Ocho in Little Havana. ;)

ps, Google "Larios on the beach" and you'll read pages of mostly negative reviews.

Archived