Meraviglia Deck Plan Question (Deck 14 Aft Stairs?)

Skitals

I recently booked 14228. Looking at the deck plan I thought there were stairs (and elevators) right there for easy access to the buffet above. I was extremely disappointed to read in another user review that "Unfortunately, the stairwell right by the aft of the Marketplace is only for Deck 15 and 16.  The staircase that you see “inside” the Marketplace is a crew only staircase."

So my question is, looking at the plan for Deck 14, how the heck do you access this area of the ship? There are solid lines, which I assumed represented walls, connecting the forward aisles. The lower decks show this connecting. When booking this room I was under the false impression this would be in a quiet "dead end" and easy access to the rest of the ship (which is why I sprung for a more expensive Fantastica balcony over Bella).

Also, are those exterior stairwells in the aft corners? Would I be able to use those to access Deck 15?

14aft.jpg

• 1 year later...

hi  - did u find the answer to your question.  I'm looking at an aft cabin on deck 11 on Virtuosa which has similar layout and was hoping for easy access to buffet and to the aft pool on the deck above the buffet.

I have no idea about the Virtuosa but I just got off of the Meraviglia.  Wonderful cruise.  I love this ship.  I have been on it 3 times.  This was my first time in an aft cabin.  Never again.  I was in 14213 and 14215.  Horrible cabins.  Balcony so small you had to step over the footstool and chair.  No breeze at all because of location and solid wall on one end.  The stairs you mention are not public access on this ship.  Crew only.  This sucked big time.  One of the reasons I booked this cabin was for the easy access to the buffet, one floor above.  I had read in a review that the stars did go to the buffet and this wouldve been nice for my elderly mother.  This was not the case.  This back of the ship location meant that everytime my mother wanted to leave the room she had to walk to the middle of the ship to use the lifts.  There are no stairs in the back on the Meraviglia.  I loved the cruise and the ship, just be aware of the aft cabins.

On 10/15/2021 at 9:09 PM, adam7392 said:

hi  - did u find the answer to your question.  I'm looking at an aft cabin on deck 11 on Virtuosa which has similar layout and was hoping for easy access to buffet and to the aft pool on the deck above the buffet.

We were on the Virtuosa in the summer. Had a cabin near the stern and was hoping we could access the aft lifts. Unfortunately, they’re for crew use only, they can’t even be seen from the cabin hallways.

Edited by CaroleC
  • Like 1