QANTAS refunds???

bazzaw

44 minutes ago, thistledoo said:

We've never had a cancellation go smoothly with Qantas, but I have found if the normal channels don't go smoothly send a private message through Twitter.   The SMS works, except you may be hanging onto your phone for ages waiting for a response.  Last time we received the taxes back but they charged us three lots of 6,000 cancellation frequent flyer points for the two of us - I am still trying to get that sorted.   The time before that we got refunded points and taxes for just one person and had to chase the remainder, and on it goes.   They are hopeless!

Thanks for your post. I will watch our FF accounts and see how many points we are charged for cancellation.

18 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

We paid for the first two flights with FF points and some cash. QANTAS will refund all the cash, so I assume it would include the taxes. The cash we paid might be the taxes. 

Thanks for that.  We now have to cancel our flights as we were flying into NZ!!!  Is it best to try to call Qantas to cancel or is it something I can do online?  Never had to cancel a flight before.

1 minute ago, Jatee said:

Thanks for that.  We now have to cancel our flights as we were flying into NZ!!!  Is it best to try to call Qantas to cancel or is it something I can do online?  Never had to cancel a flight before.

I hadn't cancelled flights before either. I phoned the QANTAS general number and was prepared for a long wait. I was on hold for a bit over an hour before I spoke to a real person. She was very helpful.

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

I hadn't cancelled flights before either. I phoned the QANTAS general number and was prepared for a long wait. I was on hold for a bit over an hour before I spoke to a real person. She was very helpful.

Good to know.  Thanks.