First time "alone" cruises?

Undrhil

Hello... I've cruised before .. in fact, I have a cruise coming up in May with my sister, but I am thinking about taking a cruise next year alone. Possibly a singles cruise. I've looked through the Singles cruise thread and it sounds like everyone has been cruising for a long time now. This will actually be my third cruise coming up but it is the first one I've planned on my own. The one I take next year will also be one I've planned on my own (well, maybe with some help here! :D )

Anyway, what cruise lines are better for a single male, age 29, sailing (more than likely) out of Orlando, FL or Mobile, AL? Aside from Carnival, what lines sail out of those ports? And which line(s) might be better suited for someone cruising by himself for the first time? :)

Thanks for any replies! :)

Undrhil

Port Canavaral is what's used by Disney for their cruises and it's about an hour's drive from Orlando. Not much goes out of Mobile except for Carnival. You have more choices if you cruise out of FLL or Miami. For someone your age, I would go with RCCI.

The only cruise ship homeported in Mobile is the Holiday. She's the oldest and smallest in Carnival's present fleet - BUT she happens to be my very favorite ship!

I'm a solo female cruiser. I enjoy cruising solo, as I can do whatever and whenever. I enjoy my fellow tablemates, and often have drinks with some of them later, or others I meet on the ship. I don't meet strangers. I think it's the best of all worlds - being on an ocean and doing what I want without having to check with someone else. :)

RCI is Royal Caribbean. I'm in my late 20s (female) and have found that Royal Caribbean is a great line to sail as a single. I sailed last year by myself on Voyager and had a great time, and am leaving in a couple of weeks to sail by myself on Brilliance. Out of Port Canaveral, I would look at RCI's Mariner of the Seas. There are tons of activities on board the Voyager class ships.

Archived