Internet Packages: Are Captain's Club discounts automatically shown in Cruise Planner?

RobertybobUK

Hi

Another internet question I'm afraid, but one I can't readily find an answer to.

We are booked onto a 10 night Reflection cruise departing 13 March 2020.

We have only cruised once before, with Celebrity, and so have Classic Captain's Club status.

The benefits with regard to internet packages appear to be "10% discount on the first Internet package purchased"

We are in the UK. Here's a link to the Celebrity UK website showing CC benefits https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/getmedia/c03b62a1-8231-4475-b859-b490169d9a1f/loyaltymemberbenefits2018.pdf

I think this has changed over time - I have a flyer that also says "10% discount on the first Internet Package purchased, plus if you purchase your Unlimited Package by calling us before you set sail receive an additional 10% discount" but that particular document isn't the one that is currently posted on the Celebrity website. I've attached a copy of it though.

That flyer suggests calling CC to obtain the discount.

We are looking at the Unlimited Internet Package - Single Device.

In the Cruise Planner, it says "Enjoy a discounted daily rate for your entire voyage". My understanding is that this is referring to a general 10% discount available to anyone who books the package before sailing.

The cost being quoted in our Cruise Planner is  £227.24

So the question is - If I call Captains Club will I be able to receive the 10% CC discount, or has this already been taken into account in the price shown in Cruise Planner?

CC aren't open at weekends (in the UK at least) so I can't call them at the moment. I've spoken to a regular Celebrity representative, and they suggested the price shown in Cruise Planner has the discount. Just a bit confusing.

I can't find a 'standard' cost, so haven't got anything to compare it with.

Thanks in anticipation.

captains-club-membership-benefits.pdf

Edited by RobertybobUK

Just an update.

I called Captain's Club this morning and have had the 10% Captain's Club Classic tier benefits discount applied and have purchased it over the phone.

Slightly concerning that when I had called Celebrity at the weekend, the representative was insistent that the price seen in the Cruise Planner already reflected the discount. That call was routed to the US and was with a regular Celebrity agent, but still wrong advise given.

Anyway, thanks to Cruise Critic members, everything is clarified and sorted out now.

On 2/29/2020 at 8:44 PM, Ergates The Ant said:

I was also wondering about this.

I e mailed Captains Club about another matter, and they gave me this freephone number, which may be useful to you. ( as a UK resident)

0800 441 4053

Thanks for this Ergates The Ant. Good to know.

I know it's not one of the most expensive call tariffs out there, but I find it irksome that Celebrity (and others) publicise their premium rate telephone numbers to contact them in the UK, when I've already spent a small fortune with them on the booking already. 

Now to chill out and look forward to our upcoming cruise! Just need to get all my work done first...

Another cruise planner question.
Cruising on Infinity in 40 days.  The OBC from Celebrity shows up under packages and deals in the cruise planner.  Should the CBP and Internet package be listed there as well?  

Thanks

1 hour ago, jawz33 said:

Another cruise planner question.
Cruising on Infinity in 40 days.  The OBC from Celebrity shows up under packages and deals in the cruise planner.  Should the CBP and Internet package be listed there as well?  

Thanks

You may or may not see it on Cruise Planner.   If it is on cruise planner it will not usually show until about 30 days prior to cruise.   Best is to look at your booking receipt   It will probably be listed there as a code.

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You may or may not see it on Cruise Planner.   If it is on cruise planner it will not usually show until about 30 days prior to cruise.   Best is to look at your booking receipt   It will probably be listed there as a code.

Thanks.  It is on the receipt from TA.  Appreciate your reply.