Booking Shore Excursions

ger_77

How far ahead can we book our shore excursions? Do we have to wait until after final payment is made, or can we book them anytime we wish? I've looked all over these forums and can't find the answer, so thought I'd pose the question. I've only ever booked them after we made our final payment, so wasn't sure. We're not sailing until October, but there are a couple of excursions we don't want to miss, and would like to book as early as possible. Thanks in advance for your help!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

How far ahead can we book our shore excursions? Do we have to wait until after final payment is made, or can we book them anytime we wish? I've looked all over these forums and can't find the answer, so thought I'd pose the question. I've only ever booked them after we made our final payment, so wasn't sure. We're not sailing until October, but there are a couple of excursions we don't want to miss, and would like to book as early as possible. Thanks in advance for your help!

Ger: I have already been able to book excursions for our Zaandam Alaska cruise in August, even though our final payment isn't due for a few months yet. If you're already booked with HAL, and have a booking (reservation) number, you should be able to go to their website and book the excursions that interest you online.

Have a great cruise!

We are booked to sail in Sept and have a booking # but every time I try to get into the shore ex site I am told "you can not book yet, try later"??

Also when I try to access the on line immigration form I get a window that says the form is being redisigned and to try 60 days prior to sailing?? So right now I can not do anything constructive, Baa Humbug!!!

Cruises that have Caribbean ports and Mexican ports usually can't be booked until 60 days before the cruise.

Others cruises can be booked any time.

We booked our Hawaiian excursions in December - before final payment. And we booked our Alaskan cruises also in December - way before final payment is due.

I just finished booking three excursions for the Noordam's September 8th sailing. Not all of the ports are offering excursions, but it looks like they are in the process of adding them. I suggest you keep trying patiently. Holland America charges them on the spot.

I was able to book excursions last September for our March cruise in South America. I tried through the website, and then actually called HAL and booked them on the phone with the rep from HAL, and had a wonderful conversation with that person.

I always take my trips through the cruiseline, and have never been disappointed!

Wow we are going in May to Canada/New England and are unable to book the shore excursions or register the forms. But sometimes that happens. When you do book them you charge them on your credit card. If you have any problems after you board they will correct them at the excusion desk. Have a great time and keep checking with HAL so you can book them:)

Kathy

You folks are the reason I love this site - ask a question and get a ton of answers, all of them usable. I had trouble booking because the website always said to try booking later - well today I finally scored! We booked our shore excursion for Alexandria - Cairo in October. There are only a couple of places we actually want to pre-book for the Oct 10 Rotterdam cruise, and I'm happy to say that we were able to get into the excursions we wanted. Thanks for all your help!

Archived