Red Ginger Night on the Regatta?

CruiseLibra

We will miss the Red Ginger on Regatta when we travel in May on our 12 day to Alaska. I have heard that they do a "Red Ginger Night" on the smaller ships without the restaurant. For those of you with experience, is this done in the MDR or the Terrace Cafe? And, do you need to wait until you get on board to see which night it will be? We would like to book our specialty restaurant reservations around the Red Ginger night.

We were on a 30 day Nautica cruise in Dec. and there were 2 nights designated as Red Ginger Nights.  It was held in Terrace Cafe on 2 consecutive nights so if you miss it one night you can have it on the next night.  We loved Red Ginger on Marina but didn't think much of the offerings on Nautical.  That's just my opinion.  I'm sure there are those who enjoyed it.

I was on Sirena in January on a 7 day Caribbean cruise. There was no Red Ginger night in Terrace since there is a Red Ginger on Sirena. Is there not one on Regatta? I thought Red Ginger was on all the ships now.

2 minutes ago, susiesan said:

I was on Sirena in January on a 7 day Caribbean cruise. There was no Red Ginger night in Terrace since there is a Red Ginger on Sirena. Is there not one on Regatta? I thought Red Ginger was on all the ships now.

The Regatta has 2 specialty restaurants, Polo Grill and Toscana. I believe that the Sirena is the only "R" ship with Red Ginger and Tuscan Grill. 

We were on Regatta last month and they had two Asian inspired buffets (not labelled as Red Ginger) at the Terrace Cafe. We were disappointed as not anywhere near the Red Ginger quality we enjoy (no sea bass).  However, other nights at the Terrace Cafe, we found the buffet excellent (more options than GDR).  That said, we found both the Terrace and GDR have very similar main menus -- the Terrace we found a better option as we love the grilled lobster and shrimp!  Terrace offered 'local' specialities a few nights while we were in New Zealand which were just excellent - mussels, fish, lamb, cheese, etc. that they purchased fresh. You can peruse the menus in your room online (special buffets in the Currents); unfortunately, not in advance to know what nights not to reserve at Toscana or, Polo. That said, we found the Reservations Desk to very flexible in moving our reservations and booking additional ones. Good luck!