Atrium cabin

hcat

We just booked an atrium cabin on deck 6 ...can anyone advise of its size & what can be seen out of the windows? We are also apparently underneath a restaurant area--any noise problems??? How is the bathroom area laid out? looking forward to this short trip....& expect to not spend much time inside the cabin just want to know what cabin is like...

We just booked an atrium cabin on deck 6 ...can anyone advise of its size & what can be seen out of the windows? We are also apparently underneath a restaurant area--any noise problems??? How is the bathroom area laid out? looking forward to this short trip....& expect to not spend much time inside the cabin just want to know what cabin is like...

Almost everyone kept their curtains closed ALL of the time on our recent trip. Folks can see right into your room from the grand lobby and the pursers desk. OTOH, I had friends who took an atrium on an RCCL ship last year and loved it.

Karie

I had one in 2004 - here is what I wrote about the cabin cat and pasted from an older post. if you try a search it should pull up some more posts on atrium cabins too.

My atrium cabin (6147) had a nice large bathroom on the right as you entered the cabin. Shower was roughly 3 1/2 x 4 feet (I mean really rough) but one of the most spacious I've seen at sea. Lots of counter space and double cabinets under the sink with two shelves of storage. Wall above the sink is a large mirror. Full length mirror just outside bathroom.

Three deep closets were directly across from the bathroom door and a cabinet containing the safe and two shelves. Under the cabinet were four drawers. Definitely adequate storage for one female for 17 days.

Beyond this storage bank is the tv unit, desk and chair. The tv unit has a few drawers (one of which houses the refrigerator) and a slim drawer that holds the wireless keyboard. Just as a note - a few other passengers I spoke with had a terrible time sending out emails from the cabin. Purser's office told us to use the computer labs. Two nicely sized bedside tables on either side of the bed (I was traveling alone so it was made into a queen) with drawers and open shelf below. The only flaw with the tables was the fact that the lamps are centered in the middle of the table and bolted on, so it makes it difficult to put anything the size of the Daily Program on it without having it hang over and get knocked about. Chair between the bathroom and one of the tables and a very small round table near the foot of the bed in the corner that held wine and water glasses and the ice bucket.

Very nice cabin. Blinds and curtains block out light from the atrium and eyes from other atrium cabins.

I found them to be the best location. Midships and a good walk to either elevator. And depending on which elevator I took meant I was going in to eat or going for a drink first. Amazing how instinct kicked in and I usually headed for the elevator that put me out by the pub.

Below is a link to a photo of our Atrium Cabin (5118). Different deck, but the layout is identical on all twelve cabins.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/147380890/1147388434046097424TUSVun

This picture demonstrates what can be seen from the Grand Lobby.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/147380890/1147384890046097424UoqskD

Archived