Bringing Wine Onboard

Kellyann

We'll be on a 2 week cruise to Central American and Caribbean on CCL Legend.  I know we can each bring on a bottle of wine when we board in Tampa, but can we bring on a bottle at each port along the way?  If not, how closely do they check your bags?

Just now, Kellyann said:

We'll be on a 2 week cruise to Central American and Caribbean on CCL Legend.  I know we can each bring on a bottle of wine when we board in Tampa, but can we bring on a bottle at each port along the way?  If not, how closely do they check your bags?

No, not to drink on board. Only at embarkation. I am sure it's been done (against the policy), but I have no advice on how.

You can bring alcohol on from port, declare it, and they store it and give it to you at the end of the cruise.

They scan your bags when you reboard from port. If they see you have any wine etc, they will tell you to walk over to the table they have set up to check it with them to hold. Wether or not you stop at said table is up to you. It’s required, but they won’t chase you down. 

I misread the section thought you could bring it on every port. Damn. 

I was pregnant on my last cruise.  I bought a nice bottle of rum to enjoy when I was finally able to (it was fantastic).  I have never tried to smuggle liquor on board and had no intention on it.  I planned to turn it over and claim it at the end.  
I got off the elevator and realized I still had it in my hand.  Oops.  I do think they check your bag well, I just slipped by I guess. 

38 minutes ago, 1kaper said:

I misread the section thought you could bring it on every port. Damn. 

I was pregnant on my last cruise.  I bought a nice bottle of rum to enjoy when I was finally able to (it was fantastic).  I have never tried to smuggle liquor on board and had no intention on it.  I planned to turn it over and claim it at the end.  
I got off the elevator and realized I still had it in my hand.  Oops.  I do think they check your bag well, I just slipped by I guess. 

Some have brought alcohol on board and not gotten caught. That’s the chance you have to take. Far more have gotten caught than gotten away with it.