Medical certificate for Tahiti?

dockman

I just saw this posted on united airlines site.  I was in Thailand until Jan 7,2020....so does this mean i need some kind of med certificate as i am booked on NCL jewel departing HNL on april 3....and how/where am i supposed to get a certificate that is max five days old before arriving tahiti when we are at see for five days from hawaii?  Anyone know anything about this?

French Polynesia travel restrictions

French Polynesia (PPT) visitors who have been in Cambodia, the People’s Republic of China, Taipei, Hong Kong, India, Japan, South Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand or Vietnam since January 1, 2020, must present a medical certificate to enter the country. The medical certificate must be dated from maximum 5 days prior to their arrival and indicate that they’re not showing any signs of viral infection.

41 minutes ago, dockman said:

I just saw this posted on united airlines site.  I was in Thailand until Jan 7,2020....so does this mean i need some kind of med certificate as i am booked on NCL jewel departing HNL on april 3....and how/where am i supposed to get a certificate that is max five days old before arriving tahiti when we are at see for five days from hawaii?  Anyone know anything about this?

French Polynesia travel restrictions

French Polynesia (PPT) visitors who have been in Cambodia, the People’s Republic of China, Taipei, Hong Kong, India, Japan, South Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand or Vietnam since January 1, 2020, must present a medical certificate to enter the country. The medical certificate must be dated from maximum 5 days prior to their arrival and indicate that they’re not showing any signs of viral infection.

Go to the South Pacific ports of call board where it is being discussed. Your information from United is already out of date since now all people need the certificate. Ships going into French Polynesia must stop in Papeete first so there will be itinerary changes. Everyone in your ship will be in the same situation so wait since this has all come about in the last 2 days and can change again. 

• Like 1

yes of course direct to NCL but hard to get people on phone.....i finally got a very nice gal on the phone at NCL...and after checking with supervisors she came back to read me the NCL policy which only mentions china,italy and a few other countries but not Thailand...so she says no worries and if any changes NCL would notify...

not sure why united would have different rules

anyway...good news for me

At this time, everyone flying into French Polynesia needs a medical certificate according to the notices.  I don't know how that will be addressed if you are arriving by ship - maybe the ship doctor will certify the passengers?  The Jewel is now on it's way there, from Sydney,  due to arrive on March 20, so until then, it's hard to say.

Also, at this time, all ships must enter French Polynesia through Papeete, so it's hard to say how they will address that issue.  Again, the current Sydney - Papeete cruise on the Jewel will be the guinea pig.  I'm on the reverse itinerary, prior to your cruise, so will be arriving in Papeete first.

34 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

This is a perfect example of a question that should be directed to NCL or your TA.......  

So far, NCL claims either they know nothing or that they will send out notices - so your CC roll call or the So Pacific roll call are your best source at this time, as there are lots of people researching and giving the benefit of what information they have.

5 minutes ago, dockman said:

yes of course direct to NCL but hard to get people on phone.....i finally got a very nice gal on the phone at NCL...and after checking with supervisors she came back to read me the NCL policy which only mentions china,italy and a few other countries but not Thailand...so she says no worries and if any changes NCL would notify...

not sure why united would have different rules

anyway...good news for me

It isn't a NCL policy.  It is the policy of the country you are planning to visit