Seeking advice on Eye Creams

millercat

Greetings Ladies!

I am in need of a new eye care cream and thought you all might be of some help. I am pushing 50 and the skin under my eyes definately needs TLC. I have tried a few different ones, from the very expensive to the Wally World options and have not found anything exceptional. Would you be kind enough to share any must trys??

TIA for any personal endorsments.

Elaine

^..^

It would help a bit if you told us what kind of skin your had and if you had circles and/or bags to centend with.

I have very dry skin and not much in the way of circles or bags, hence I can use a very thick eye eye cream. My two favorites are La Mer (which although is an all over moisturizer, is fantastic for the eye area) and Darphin eye cream.

I don't use the gels which are popular with women who have oily skin.

Thanks Jane, you are right.

So here is the awful truth.... My skin, including the eye area is dry. I do tend to have dark circles. I don't really have what I would consider "bags" but the skin is a bit crepy and I am getting some lines around the outer edge of the under eye area. Not much trouble with crows feet (yet!)

Boy, it "looks" even worse when it's in black and white!

Thanks

Elaine

I use La Prairie, have used it for over 20 years. They have if I remember several kinds and while expensive I find it works really well and worth the investment for me. they have a website www.lapraire.com I believe so maybe that might help if you want to check them out first on the web.

Saks I know carries it and I think NM and Bergdorfs does as well unless they discontinued it.

Good luck

My skin, including the eye area is dry. I do tend to have dark circles. I don't really have what I would consider "bags" but the skin is a bit crepy and I am getting some lines around the outer edge of the under eye area. Not much trouble with crows feet (yet!)

There's a new product I keep seeing advertised for under eye darkness, It's called Hylexaderm....or something like that.(?) I keep seeing ads for it, and it's supposed to be good. (the ad is a model w/ football type black under her eyes). It's about $90. a tube.

For the lines, you might want to try Retinol Actif Pur by ROC. It's only about $18. a tube and I know people that swear by it. I use it on my chest area in hopes of not getting wrinkles there. I haven't seen any yet, so I guess it working! <g>

If you skin is crepe-y, be careful to pat creme and make-up on it very gentlely. An under eye serum would probably be good too, underneath the eye cream. Avoid using powder in the area as it tends to go into the lines and make wrinkles appear more prominent.

I also use liquid Vit C on my skin everyday, which is supposed to help it. I use one from Cellex-C.

Jane

Jane110, the product is Hylexin. I don't know if it works because I don't have dark circles.

I have been using the Serious Skin C-line products (sold on HSN) for about two years now. I decided to try it because at 46 my skin was looking pretty dull. Not anymore! I absolutely love the stuff. As a matter of fact, my dh complimented me on my skin the other day. I told him I wished I had taken a "before" picture because I know my skin is looking better.

HTH.

Lisa :)

Estee Lauder's Resilience Lift Extreme Ultra firming creme. I've used it (in several versions, this is the newest) for about 3 years and keep coming back to it even though I've tried other things. It really does seem to help with firming around the eye area. It's formulated for the entire face, not just for eye area, so you do have to put it on carefully.

I have used both eye creams from Arbonne International http://www.arbonne.com

They have one that is in the basic line and one in the NutriminC RE9 line

for antiaging.

They both are all natural, no chemicals, and have natural skin lighteners and work VERY well on fine lines around the eyes. I can see a difference in my circles within a week.

I am a consultant, but just do not do much with it anymore. Their products are worth their weight in gold.

P.S. They just came out with a cellulite scrub and lotion. I can't wait to try that.

Jane110, the product is Hylexin. I don't know if it works because I don't have dark circles.

Yup, that's it, thanks. I haven't tried it either, I've just heard it good. Like you, I don't have dark circles.

I have been using the Serious Skin C-line products (sold on HSN) for about two years now. I decided to try it because at 46 my skin was looking pretty dull. Not anymore! I absolutely love the stuff. As a matter of fact, my dh complimented me on my skin the other day. I told him I wished I had taken a "before" picture because I know my skin is looking better.

HTH.

Lisa :)

Never heard of it, but always interested in new, great stuff. So is it a Vit C based line?

Jane

Archived