In port in Boston 4-10 pm

SCcruiser123

Cruising on the Carnival Radiance in September.  The itinerary has us in Boston 4-10 pm.  We usually like taking a HOHO bus to see the sights and get off to do more exploring, but I don't think they will run that late.  Any other suggestions for evening tours?

What exact date?  There is a difference of an hour+ in the sunset time between Sep 1 and Sep 30 - https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/boston?month=9

My suggestion would be to take the SilverLine to South Station and do a free transfer to the Red Line to Park Street, which is the beginning of the Freedom Trail.  Explore anything of interest in the Boston Common first and then walk the Freedom Trail.  Explore the Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market Complex.  Continue on the Freedom Trail into the North End.  Have some Italian food and dessert and Uber back to the ship.  Details can be provided.

• 3 weeks later...

You do not have a lot of time but you have enough to see loots of things. The port is close to downtown Boston, you could walk to Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market in about 30 minutes. But have several options with public transportation. From Quincy Market you can walk to the North End, Freedom Trail, Boston Common & Public Garden, and the waterfront.  

I would not recommend the Hop on Hop off bus for you not enough time to really use it and hope off. Unless you want to use it to do the complete route and not get off. You can also consider a taxi or Uber,  The Charlestown Navy Yard and the USS Constitution is worth seeing and it is a short taxi ride from Quincy Market. If you want to visit Harvard Square in Cambridge you can take the MBTA Red Line from Government Center.

Enjoy your time in Boston I was born just outside of Boston and lived in the Area for 40 years, it is a wonderful City.