Unlimited Dining - Time Required for Reservation?

I decided to go ahead and reserve this for our November Oasis cruise.  We had "Ultimate" last year on Oasis and really enjoyed it.  But the web site is requiring me to reserve a specific time to reserve and nothing is available between 6:00 and 8:30.  When we had Ultimate, I was able to make reservations for any time on boarding day.  Does this mean I can only book speciality restaurants at 6:00 or 8:30?   I had previously booked MyTime at 7:00 every evening - is that the problem?  I don't want to lose that reservation because we may change our minds and cancel UDP.

We purchased the Unlimited, and we can't make any reservations on the planner. In the past they have been very accommodating about making reservations for the entire cruise once we are onboard. We just plan to go to a restaurant and schedule our tentative dining times and locations when we get on. I wouldn't believe the planner that says those are the only times available. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

And if it is requiring you to choose a time...just pick 6PM and then change it when you are onboard. You can lie to the Cruise Planner. :classic_biggrin:

10 minutes ago, spookwife said:

pick a random time  to satisfy the online requirements.   you can usually change to your preferred times on board  with zero hassle

Thanks- I'm such a rule follower. Ha!  I purchased UDP - I'll cancel my MTD reservations closer to cruise time when I'm sure we want to stay with UDP.  (The last time we used it we both gained twice the weight we usually do on a cruise!)