Upgrade at check-in?

xostacylee

Hi all! My coworker is cruising this Thursday (and I'm cruising next Friday- woohoo!). She was wondering if there's a way to upgrade at check in on site? She's been trying to get ahold of Carnival to upgrade but with everyone making changes, etc., she's been unable to do so.

Let me know. Thank you!

Stacy

2 minutes ago, xostacylee said:

Hi all! My coworker is cruising this Thursday (and I'm cruising next Friday- woohoo!). She was wondering if there's a way to upgrade at check in on site? She's been trying to get ahold of Carnival to upgrade but with everyone making changes, etc., she's been unable to do so.

Let me know. Thank you!

Stacy

I’d tell her to call at odd times like very early in the morning or late at night. I wouldn’t wait until check in. 

Have a great cruise!😎

Just now, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I’d tell her to call at odd times like very early in the morning or late at night. I wouldn’t wait until check in. 

Have a great cruise!😎

Thank you! Just let her know. I think she's going to continue to periodically call to see if she can get through. 

1 hour ago, xostacylee said:

Let me know. Thank you!

Stacy

With all the cancellations, there is a greater opportunity to get an upgrade. I had one on 9/15/2001, right after 9/11 from a Balcony to a Suite. I didn't have to ask since my room was given to another passenger who couldn't get a flight back home.

After 9/11 we cruised several times and they actually had a counter you could go to at the pier and ask about getting an upgrade, whether free or paid, we did both. That's been gone for a long, long time now, so it would take a conscious effort for a cruise line to get that going again.

In light of the present circumstances, I don't think there's any doubt there are going to ships sailing less than full, so going back to offering upgrades at the pier makes sense to me, but it would have to implemented first. 

If I were the cruise line, and I had ships sailing less than full, I'd figure it was a good idea to reward passengers who were braving the hysteria to sail with me. Why not use the resource of oceanview, balcony, and suites that is wasted by sailing empty, to encourage brave passengers to take more cruises during this crisis.

Edited by Squadleader
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Squadleader said:

After 9/11 we cruised several times and they actually had a counter you could go to at the pier and ask about getting an upgrade, whether free or paid, we did both. That's been gone for a long, long time now, so it would take a conscious effort for a cruise line to get that going again.

In light of the present circumstances, I don't think there's any doubt there are going to ships sailing less than full, so going back to offering upgrades at the pier makes sense to me, but it would have to implemented first. 

If I were the cruise line, and I had ships sailing less than full, I'd figure it was a good idea to reward passengers who were braving the hysteria to sail with me. Why not use the resource of oceanview, balcony, and suites that is wasted by sailing empty, to encourage brave passengers to take more cruises during this crisis.

Because there is more than just moving someone to a different room like in a hotel.  Not only do folios and cards need to follow but muster stations need to balance.  That guest who doesn't get the Grand Suite is gonna to be screaming at Guest Services.