experience with future cruise credits extension

Luv2cruz1000

I wondered if anyone had luck getting carnival to extend their future cruise credit beyond the date. 

We have plans of a cruise in August 2021 but the FCC being offered should we cancel our current cruise is March 2021.

Called and they said they review case by case but absolutely no indication that it would likely be approved.

thanks

47 minutes ago, Luv2cruz1000 said:

I wondered if anyone had luck getting carnival to extend their future cruise credit beyond the date. 

We have plans of a cruise in August 2021 but the FCC being offered should we cancel our current cruise is March 2021.

Called and they said they review case by case but absolutely no indication that it would likely be approved.

thanks

Absolutely not. We had a hard enough time rescheduling ours within the allowed time period. You have to be the same exact class or above to simply reschedule, or you need to cancel and complete a FCC form that takes 3-6 weeks to complete per the agent we spoke to yesterday. Found the same cruise for January 2021 and switched to that. The whole process took 2+ hours on the phone. 

18 minutes ago, Doggielover68 said:

Absolutely not. We had a hard enough time rescheduling ours within the allowed time period. You have to be the same exact class or above to simply reschedule, or you need to cancel and complete a FCC form that takes 3-6 weeks to complete per the agent we spoke to yesterday. Found the same cruise for January 2021 and switched to that. The whole process took 2+ hours on the phone. 

So, the FCC can only be used for the same category or higher?  Was that in the fine print?  That's not cool, if that is the case.  There already aren't any dates between now and March 2021 that would even work for the 4 people in our group.  Two of us were hoping to just use our FCC on a real cheap lower cat. room cruise.

1 hour ago, momof3hungryboys said:

So, the FCC can only be used for the same category or higher?  Was that in the fine print?  That's not cool, if that is the case.  There already aren't any dates between now and March 2021 that would even work for the 4 people in our group.  Two of us were hoping to just use our FCC on a real cheap lower cat. room cruise.

You can use it for a lower category, but you have to go through a different process to get the FCC. In my case, I didnt really have FCC, just changed the date. 

To get the FCC to be used on anything, there is a form that must be completed according to the agent and the fine print. I'm not sure where the form comes from though.

47 minutes ago, Seacreature101 said:

I thought the future cruise credit had to be USED/APPLIED by 3/21 but you could sail after that.  Does anyone know for sure?  I was told this in the beginning but who knows now?

Did more research.  Has to be used on sailing prior to 3/31/21