Future Cruise Ship Credit Question

bbtondo

On the Oceania website is says if I cancel I will get 100 percent of the cruise fare in a future cruise credit.  My TA just emailed me and said we would get refunded on our shore excursions booked through Oceania.  She said we would NOT get refunded for the pre and post hotels booked through Oceania, but rather a credit to be added to the future cruise credit.

Does anyone know if this is correct?  Thanks!

Sounds correct.

The question is why would you do pre/post cruise hotels through Oceania.   Especially if more than 1 night. Oceania charges X2 the standard refundable rate that any hotel charges.  Yes you do get a "free" transfer to the port.  But if you book directly you can save money and of course it is refundable generally 2 days before you are due.

2 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

Sounds correct.

The question is why would you do pre/post cruise hotels through Oceania.   Especially if more than 1 night. Oceania charges X2 the standard refundable rate that any hotel charges.  Yes you do get a "free" transfer to the port.  But if you book directly you can save money and of course it is refundable generally 2 days before you are due.

I'm not debating with you why to do a pre or post cruise hotel.  I know all the pros and cons.  Just asking anyone who is in the same situation how the fcc has been handled.