Insurance policy not used due to cancellation

blueflower1968

This may be a nonsense question:

I purchased a policy through Travel Insurance International for a cruise that I just cancelled in April for a future cruise credit.

What happens to the insurance that I paid for?  I assume that I lose it.  

TY

21 minutes ago, blueflower1968 said:

This may be a nonsense question:

I purchased a policy through Travel Insurance International for a cruise that I just cancelled in April for a future cruise credit.

What happens to the insurance that I paid for?  I assume that I lose it.  

TY

Different situation and different insurance company.  I had to cancel a trip.  Called and cancelled the insurance.  I did not get refunded the insurance, but they gave me a year to use the policy.  You might check with your insurance carrier and ask what their policy is if you cancel the insurance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NLH Arizona said:

Different situation and different insurance company.  I had to cancel a trip.  Called and cancelled the insurance.  I did not get refunded the insurance, but they gave me a year to use the policy.  You might check with your insurance carrier and ask what their policy is if you cancel the insurance.

I didn't even think of that.  I had a call into them now.  Thank you.

32 minutes ago, kuku77254 said:

Thank you for posting because I had assumed I had to just eat the cost of insurance. I called the insurance company and I have a hold on the policy and I can reuse when I have new travel dates.

Glad it worked out for you.

When my May 2020 voyage got cancelled, I contacted my TA to let them know. The cruise line (not NCL) refunded me the cost of the cruise on to my credit card. I then booked a different cruise and my TA applied the insurance I had taken out for the cancelled cruise on to the new cruise then refunded me the difference in insurance cost, (They sent me a physical check).