Princess has most Infections ?

mellowrose

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2020/03/articles/disease/cruise-coronavirus-poster-child-princess-cruises-leads-all-cruise-lines-with-27-disease-outbreaks-in-last-decade/

THis article names Princess as the "Poster Child" of most diseases. One of the arguments is the quick turnaround time between cruises is woefully ineffective for adequate cleaning. He also makes a case for CEO's blaming passengers when in reality the ships are already contaminated before the new passengers embark. Before we start to cruise again, I would really like some concrete assurances that this will not continue.

I'll likely get this post pulled for this, but this is the typical, cherry-picked, slightly misquoted, and downright slanted "facts" that this lawyer posts.  A lot of what he says is contradicted by conversations I've had with USPH inspectors, and things I've read from the CDC.  And what he doesn't tell you is that the "outbreaks" listed on the CDC website are not the only outbreaks that are tracked by CDC.  The only ones that get posted are ones that reach the 3% level, and require a "follow up" report, not the outbreaks that reach 2.9% (and get reported to CDC, but which are not posted on the website), so how can he state that Princess has the most outbreaks.

Princess' turn around days are no shorter than any other cruise line's.  And, the CDC, rather than focusing on the raw number of noro cases, cares more about the trend of cases (how many more or less than yesterday), to be able to track the transmission vector.  In most cases, they will tell you that the trend rises and then falls off during a cruise, and then rises again at the start of the next cruise.  This is not indicative that the ship is "infected" between cruises, but that a new "patient zero" brings the virus back on board after the cleaning is done.  But, he chooses to ignore that part of the equation.

Edited by chengkp75
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3