Chances our late Summer river cruise is still on...

NavyCruiser

Just cancelled our late March tulip time river cruise.

Now worried our our late summer (early Aug) Danube river cruise.

Thoughts on good chances Coronavirus travel bans will be gone by hot summer & air, train, bus, river cruises, etc be back to normal again....

The only accurate info I've seen about this new virus is that it is so new that nobody knows anything.  There was a rumor that it will die away when warm weather comes – but it turns out that was someone's assumption based on normal flu season, and Tom Hanks just caught it in Australia in their summertime.  The estimates on gestation period keep changing.  The estimates on how long it can live on surfaces keep changing.  And infection rates/death rates will change dramatically as the database goes from anecdotal to statistical.  So, while I hope that by August it will have burned itself out, nobody can tell.

• Like 4

I asked Vantage what they thought about the late May sailings in Portugal (the reduced price is so tempting).  She sighed and told me they were flying by the seat of their pants right now.  I thanked her for her honesty....

On 3/13/2020 at 1:39 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

The only accurate info I've seen about this new virus is that it is so new that nobody knows anything.  There was a rumor that it will die away when warm weather comes – but it turns out that was someone's assumption based on normal flu season, and Tom Hanks just caught it in Australia in their summertime.  The estimates on gestation period keep changing.  The estimates on how long it can live on surfaces keep changing.  And infection rates/death rates will change dramatically as the database goes from anecdotal to statistical.  So, while I hope that by August it will have burned itself out, nobody can tell.

It is believed that Tom Hanks caught the virus before he arrived in Australia.  That doesn't change
any of the more important points, that "nobody knows anything" but one can hope that it mimics
the timing of the normal flu season and dies away.  

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/tom-hanks-rita-wilson-contracted-coronavirus-us-australian-officials-say-1284196