FCC Use

21 minutes ago, Cruisin MarcnFran said:

Have you actually done this?  Our TA is advising us that NCL is saying it can’t be done.

Yes, we use an on-line TA and forgot we had it until after final payment. My DW pointed out we had an unused FCC, so I called them and had it applied with a credit card refund of the value a couple of weeks later. This was recent, last year.

20 hours ago, hamrag said:

Yes, we use an on-line TA and forgot we had it until after final payment. My DW pointed out we had an unused FCC, so I called them and had it applied with a credit card refund of the value a couple of weeks later. This was recent, last year.

Our travel agent is saying the same. We already have one booked and could cancel and rebook but it's showing $500 more right now.  I'm wondering if the rules about how it can be used are specific to cancellations based on the virus.

When our Feb 2020 Spirit cruise (Rome-Dubai) got shortened from 20 to 17 days and had 4 ports of call dropped, we received 25% refund plus 25% FCC. We were able to apply the 25% FCC to our (already paid for) Jade June 2020 cruise and they put the 25% back on our cc.

Mind you, we booked direct with NCL.

Edited by bluesea777

1 hour ago, myk249 said:

Do you know if they have they put that in writing yet?

Yes.  I'm a TA and received notice.  Here it is:

UPDATED  Q: Can I make a new booking before I receive the future cruise credit for a canceled booking? 
A: Absolutely. However, for FCCs associated with the Peace of Mind policy, the FCC must be first generated and attached to the guest profile.  Once the FCC is added to the guest profile, FCCs can then be applied to any existing booking or newly created booking. 

9 hours ago, cacat123 said:

Yes.  I'm a TA and received notice.  Here it is:

UPDATED  Q: Can I make a new booking before I receive the future cruise credit for a canceled booking? 
A: Absolutely. However, for FCCs associated with the Peace of Mind policy, the FCC must be first generated and attached to the guest profile.  Once the FCC is added to the guest profile, FCCs can then be applied to any existing booking or newly created booking. 

Excellent thank you.  I'll just have to wait until it's applied.