P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I remember the Janet and John books well!🙄

I know some of you aren't happy with the way the NHS system is working your way, but it seems to be doing OK here. After visiting my GP on Monday and given a two week referral, I received a phone call today from the hospital with an appointment next Monday. I fully expected to wait the two weeks, so was surprised.

It is clear to me that there are wide regional variations in the wait times for appointments and treatment in the NHS. We seem fortunate to have some of the shortest wait times, not for everything, but for a wide range of departments.

Maybe the larger Towns fair better than the City's. But we might not have been so fortunate, our local NHS trust wanted to downgrade our A&E dept, demolish our Hospital and build a smaller A&E dept and a much smaller hospital, mainly so that the trust could continue to pay the PFI cost of the new hospital in our neighbouring town, which is our twin in the trust.

Fortunately this plan was scuppered by our local MP and a very active protest group.