FCC and on board credit

pamesacruisin

Is the FCC we were just given for our cruise being cancelled good to use on only one future cruise?  If so what if the cruise we choose is cheaper than the original booked?  Do we forfeit whatever FCC funds are left over or will that $$ get applied to our on board account?  Also, if we don't use up the $600 on board credit, do we get the balance in cash or is that forfeited?

Here are the exact T&C's listed by Carnival:

Terms and Conditions:
*The FCC is non-transferable, cannot be used as a deposit or applied to a chartered sailing, has no cash value and must be redeemed on a Carnival Cruise Line sailing within 1 year of the original sailing date. The FCC may only be used toward the cruise fare of one (1) booking in the same currency in which the above voyage was originally paid and cannot be used for taxes, fees & port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, onboard charges or gratuities. The booking guest shall be responsible for payment of the difference between the amount of the FCC and the amount of the new booking. For March-May cruises, any unused portion of the FCC may be applied to the reservation as a non-refundable onboard credit, not to exceed a maximum of $500, per stateroom. For June – September sailings, any unused portion of the FCC will be forfeited. All monies paid for Carnival Vacation Protection plan is non-refundable and will not be included in the FCC.

Hope that helps.

The cruise I rebooked for September was $200 less than the one I was supposed to be leaving on today. The PVP I went through told me that the leftover $200 would be applied to OBC. 

Carnival terms clearly state that excess credit in your FCC will be forfeited for June to September Cruises

1 hour ago, drsel said:

Carnival terms clearly state that excess credit in your FCC will be forfeited for June to September Cruises

It's good for 1 year... could run easily into sept of next year. Confusing still to me.

You are probably right sept of this year.

What about oct 2020 thru next  year?

Edited by firefly333