Refundable Open Booking Voucher Refund?

I have a refundable $100 Open Booking Voucher deposit and $200 deposit for 3 on the Sympathy August 22 cruise with final payment mid May.

My travel partner doesn’t want to go and take a chance with the granddaughter.  We have 2 cruises a year booked to 2022 with other cruise lines so I don’t want to pay the balance and get a large $FCC if RC decides to cancels later.

If I cancel near final payment -

Will my refundable Open Booking Voucher be refunded to an Open Booking Voucher?

Will my $200 be refunded to my credit card or as a FCC?

15 minutes ago, phabric said:

I have a refundable $100 Open Booking Voucher deposit and $200 deposit for 3 on the Sympathy August 22 cruise with final payment mid May.

My travel partner doesn’t want to go and take a chance with the granddaughter.  We have 2 cruises a year booked to 2022 with other cruise lines so I don’t want to pay the balance and get a large $FCC if RC decides to cancels later.

Any of the next cruise bookings that are for $100 are non refundable unless this is over a couple years old.

Currently the cruise with confidence policy only extends for sailings until July 31.  No way to tell what policies will be in place for later dates however under current policies you would lose the deposit unless it is an old booking in which case you would have to transfer it to a different ship and/or sail date.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2020 at 11:19 AM, phabric said:

Update

I cancelled my August ,2020 Symphony cruise.  My agent cancelled and said I would receive a $300 refund on my credit card.  I have 2 more refundable $100 Open Booking Vouchers for any other booking I may make.  I booked the refundable Open Booking Vouchers while on the Symphony January 2019.

4 minutes ago, phabric said:

Update

I cancelled my August ,2020 Symphony cruise.  My agent cancelled and said I would receive a $300 refund on my credit card.  I have 2 more refundable $100 Open Booking Vouchers for any other booking I may make.  I booked the refundable Open Booking Vouchers while on the Symphony January 2019.

Could you post a photo of one of those vouchers. 

It has been many years since the on board booking vouchers for $100 have been $100 and refundable.  The only way to book something on board that I have seen that is refundable is with a full deposit.

I'd love to be proven wrong on this.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/next-cruise-booking-terms-and-conditions.pdf

You are correct the Open Booking Confirmation letter does say non refundable.  As I am Platinum with RC, I have not cruised with them for many years as I usually cruise with Princess and know their Future Cruise Deposit.  I know I asked the agent many, many  questions about the Open Booking comparing it to Princess FCD.  I have 2 cruises booked each year up to 2022 and so did not want a actual cruise booked at that time.  She wanted to do an actual booking.  I pushed the agent (she could see that I know what I was talking about) if RC had a open booking FCD like Princess, she finally mentioned RC Open Booking Vouchers.  

She explained - $100 deposit for person doing the Open Booking - it would be $100 deposit for 2 passenger - no expiry date - can be transferred to someone else- does not list a ship/date - smaller OBC compared to actual booking for the booking person - 2 passenger does not get OBC.  No where did she mentioned non refundable.  I would NEVER take non refundable bookings.

Once I decided on the August 2020 cruise.  My agent applied the Open Booking Voucher and 2&3 were charged the $100 deposit.  I check my bookings for any price reductions on RC site.  When I mention a price reduction to my agent, she said the site shows non refundable prices and you have refundable booking.

That is why I said refundable Open Booking.  My booking’s final payment was in May so I cancelled well before that date.  She said I will get a $300 refund on my card.

Edited by phabric

2 minutes ago, phabric said:

You are correct the Open Booking Confirmation letter does say non refundable.  As I am Platinum with RC, I have not cruised with them for many years as I usually cruise with Princess and know their Future Cruise Deposit.  I know I asked the agent many, many  questions about the Open Booking comparing it to Princess FCD.  I have 2 cruises booked each year up to 2022 and so did not want a actual cruise booked at that time.  She wanted to do an actual booking.  I pushed the agent (she could see that I know what I was talking about) if RC had a open booking FCD like Princess, she finally mentioned RC Open Booking Vouchers.  

She explained - $100 deposit for person doing the Open Booking - it would be $100 deposit for 2 passenger - no expiry date - can be transferred to someone else- does not list a ship/date - smaller OBC compared to actual booking for the booking person - 2 passenger does not get OBC.  No where did she mentioned non refundable.  I would NEVER take non refundable bookings.

Once I decided on the August 2020 cruise.  My agent applied the Open Booking Voucher and 2&3 were charged the $100 deposit.  I check my bookings for any price reductions on RC site.  When I mention a price reduction to my agent, she said the site shows non refundable prices and you have refundable booking.

I would ask her to send you a copy of Royals guest booking invoice.   Something is not adding up and I don’t think your agent knows exactly what you have.