Cunard Cruisers - How are things where you are ?

Host Hattie

6 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I hope so too, but the website says assessing situation.  I got about an hour sleep after the wind dies down.  Then I was out for my morning walk and to do recon in the neighborhood.  We have leaves and branches all over the lawn, as do the neighbors.  There were some moderate size limbs down from trees that are dead at the top.  A street over, though, a man had three old trees fall into the cut de sac.  Tree service was just finishing clearing them.  They said he started calling them at 0300.  Guess they arrived about 0600 and had it done in a bit over two hours.  Still breezy but sun is out so keeping the solar charged.  EM

Lucky that the tree service was "johnny on the spot" it took more than a week after Beryl took out a 65 foot elm and part of my neighbors fence. The backup generator is repaired and in service, and a new one has been ordered, and should be installed in November.

Helene was a cat four, while Beryl only a cat two when it hit. And having seen the damage it did, I can only imagine how The Big Bend of Florida and western Georgia look. I can actually say, I feel your pain. 

• Like 1