Cruise Cancelled that had a FCC applied

keiranm2000

Hello,

Celebrity have finally announced the cancellation of all cruises until 11MAY.

However I booked an 13APR APEX and used FCC on that sailing, this made the cruise fare lower.

Now they're offering me 125% FCC on the cruise fare, so what happens to the FCC I used, does this get returned too? 

Anyone have any first hand experience with this? 

Keiran

6 minutes ago, keiranm2000 said:

Hello,

Celebrity have finally announced the cancellation of all cruises until 11MAY.

However I booked an 13APR APEX and used FCC on that sailing, this made the cruise fare lower.

Now they're offering me 125% FCC on the cruise fare, so what happens to the FCC I used, does this get returned too? 

Anyone have any first hand experience with this? 

Keiran

From the Celebrity website:

Q: If guests have a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) that was applied to a sailing we canceled, will the same Cruise with Confidence guidelines apply when booking their new cruise?

A: The previous Future Cruise Credit will be reinstated with the previous amount used with the original expiration date or extend the expiration date to October 31, 2020, whichever is further out. If the FCC would now be expired, it will be extended to October 31, 2020. This FCC must be used, and guests must sail by, October 31, 2020. Once re-activated, it can be combined with the Cruise with Confidence certificate on the new booking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 67Miner said:

From the Celebrity website:

Q: If guests have a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) that was applied to a sailing we canceled, will the same Cruise with Confidence guidelines apply when booking their new cruise?

A: The previous Future Cruise Credit will be reinstated with the previous amount used with the original expiration date or extend the expiration date to October 31, 2020, whichever is further out. If the FCC would now be expired, it will be extended to October 31, 2020. This FCC must be used, and guests must sail by, October 31, 2020. Once re-activated, it can be combined with the Cruise with Confidence certificate on the new booking.

Hello,

That's amazing! Thank you for this.

Keiran.

One word of caution is those are the T&C for the Cruise with Confidence program.  Yours may be different.   If the.    original FCC has not expired yet I wouldn't worry yet.   Even if it has I believe you will be made whole as it was Celebrity that cancelled.  It may take some effort though as this is clearly a corner case they won't be dealing with all that frequently.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

One word of caution is those are the T&C for the Cruise with Confidence program.  Yours may be different.   If the.    original FCC has not expired yet I wouldn't worry yet.   Even if it has I believe you will be made whole as it was Celebrity that cancelled.  It may take some effort though as this is clearly a corner case they won't be dealing with all that frequently.

We had a cruise cancelled and had applied a FCC. I was told that Whether we choose the 125% FCC or a refund, it will be reinstated in the original amount with the original expiration date, which in our case is a “book by” not a “sail by” date. We chose a refund of the additional amount we had paid rather rather than a second FCC for 125% of that additional amount