"Travel Savings Account..."

With all the confusion about the Gov't "Bailouts" of airlines & other transportation industries, which may include cruise liners, I've thought of another idea:

How about a Consumer/Traveler's "Bailout" policy...?

So for example of a bad analogy:  You can use a "Health Savings Account" funds towards any Doctor or Hospital or any other health care services

How about a "Travel Savings Account" for consumers & travelers?

Until the end of the year we have:

Gate1Travel river cruise scheduled to depart last week that was cancelled

Viking river cruise in summer, air & hotel trip to Cancun in early May, Carnival cruise in late May, Royal Carib cruise in Nov, air & hotel trip in late fall

So in this chaotic environment, why not let us commingle all the various companies from airlines, hotels, resorts, ocean cruise & river cruise companies, & other transportation services together, to give us flexibility & peace of mind that if any one company cancels on us, if they can't/won't refund 100% immediately, then we can bank those $$$ into our "Travel Savings Account" & freely re-use those funds to book at any of the other companies without restrictions.

That way, the economy will have a good rebound since consumers won't have hesitation about their future booking's a go or not.  

Also, there'll still be free-market competition so that one company won't gouge consumers by turning 125% FCC into 150% future price increases, since it's captive consumers & $$$ for use with our company only.

Just my stupid idea of the day...

13 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Because if the first company is trying to hold on to your money, they aren't going to give it to another company 

Yep.  Figured that already.

But put this Pro-Consumer clause into the Stimulus Package to require that if they take any Bailout $$$, or low/no rate loan, then they must agree to these terms. 

I know, Long-shot wishful thinkin'...

2 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Yep.  Figured that already.

But put this Pro-Consumer clause into the Stimulus Package to require that if they take any Bailout $$$, or low/no rate loan, then they must agree to these terms. 

I know, Long-shot wishful thinkin'...

I am a bank and loaning a company money, I am not going to put a condition on that company that if they take customer funds and can't provide the service that they go buy the service elsewhere.  That's not a business model.  As a consumer it causes me less confidence; if I book with company A, I expect to get company A's product. If not, give me a refund. I don't want them to move it to company B.