Does anyone have info on the Legend?

sparkysfriends

I would love some info on the Legend. My husband and I are booked for an 8 night out of NYC in Sept. to celebrate our anniversary. Since we've never sailed on Carnival before, I thought I'd read the reviews. It was very disheartening. Most of them were very negative! After reading many posts on this board I've come to the conclusion that most people who post reviews only do so if they have something negative to say, because so many posts on this board are so upbeat, helpful and positive. In light of this, I would love any info any of you can give me about the Legend, either pro or con that you think would be helpful. Also, any excursion recommendations would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance-

Alyson

While I can't comment on the itinerary as we sailed a different one out of Fort Lauderdale last November, I will say that the Legend is our favorite Carnival ship so far. We wrested with ourselves about whether to book it for next year, or book another ship. The other ship won this time (on price) but we will return to the Legend sometime soon.

The Legend has the best shows of all the Carnival ships-- they have four vocalists, instead of the usual two, in their production shows, including a delightful welcome aboard show the first night. Don't miss it!

Have a wonderful time. We sure did.

You can go to our webshot site. budsheila and look at a ton of pictures. We took her out of Balt. to Bermuda. I loved the ship. And yes I did get use to the Urns. I love the lay out of the ship. If you want to go from front to back in a hurry just go topside to the lido deck and you will not have any traffic jams. Our Cabin was Aft looking off the back of the Ship. Enjoy!

The only consistent complaint I ever hear about the Legend is that it's too much for the senses.. too glitzy, too many lights, bells, whistles, etc.. I agree it is very busy, but I don't cruise to be in a musuem atmosphere, I want life and excitement, so it suits me fine. If you're into the hoity-toity thing, the Legend (and all CCL ships pretty much) is not for you. But those who complain about the cleanliness, food, or entertainment and in my opinion, nuts. People also complain about the surcharge about the supper club, but I'll tell you, it's way more than worth it, at least to try one night. The spa and fitness center are top-notch. Pools are great. Show Lounge a beauty (and I like that it's on deck 2 and not rocky at all). I think the Legend is among the best in the fleet.

We are also taking our first Carnival cruises on the Legend on Sept 25th out of NY! We have sailed on Celebrity and Princess. I have read mostly great reviews. Can someone tell me what time is good to get to the port of NY for embarkment?:confused: We like to get on early but I hear the port of NY is just crazy..:)Thanks ahead :D

The Legend was awesome! Sailing from NY is a wonderful thing. Unfortunately, the Legend was in NY last year as well, so off to Miami we go to try a different ship. I think embarkation and debarkation in NY were relatively painless, although I don't know if I can attribute that to the fact that we used the Skipper's Club.

Enjoy the cruise!!

Thanks..This year I think arriving around 12 might be better than earlier. The traffic with everyone disembarking was terrible and this time it will be a Monday. Well then again, since it is not a weekend...:confused: I guess I will have to check to see how many ships in port on the 25th of September...:o We are looking forward to trying the Legend.

Our family also sailed on the Christmas 2004 trip with LornaT. We had an awesome time. What was so great was our Cruise Critic chat before we sailed, meeting at the Outback the night before the cruise. And then just spending time with our new friends on the cruise. Had the aft wrap around balcony and absolutely loved it. We did have some sea action going, (10 ft waves or so) so we did a little rocking, but it was very neat! I personally like to feel the ship move.

I would book the Legend again in a heart beat. In fact, I'm trying to work on a cruise with my sister so we can sail the Legend out of NYC!

Happy Sailing!

Lorna have you talked to Phillis??? She is thinking about another holiday cruise this year. She can't go with us when we do the Sensation in June, but they are thinking over the holidays. We've had such a great time! You'll get a kick out of Bob. Ben, Josh and Amanda had dinner with Phillis, Bob and her son Jim over the weekend.

Wish we could go with you on the Legend again!

Linda

I was on the Legend last month. This was my first time on the Spirit class and it is great. The rooms are nice and the service was good. The food in the dinning was was very good most the time. The lido food was ok, not great. This is now my favorit class. You'll really like your cruise.

Linda,

I e-mailed Phillis about it and Soozie knows also.................we decided to resail the Legend again just to see more of Barbados (since we all were there on Christmas Day and not much was open) and to see Martinique (since Mom & Jess decided they wanted to sleep in incstead of taking the pre-paid tour "we" had decided on...............only got to wander around the pier), as for St. maarten this will be our 3rd time there so we might take the Ferry over to St. Barth's for the day instead.................if we stay in St. Maarten I do know where our favorite shops are..............Guavaberry Emporium her we come!

Would love to sail with you all again, can just imagine how big Amanda has gotten..............Jessica still shows off her photo of her and "her guys". We are also doing the 10/2 Spirit sailing from Honolulu to Ensenada this year. Yeah somehow Mom and Jess keep getting 2 cruises a year out of me LOL.

Sounds like Phillis is a very happy camper with all her Boys safe and sound. Keep in touch

We wrested with ourselves about whether to book it for next year, or book another ship. The other ship won this time (on price) but we will return to the Legend sometime soon.

I agree with this post. The only reason we are sailing Miracle instead of Legend in April is that Miracle makes 4 stops instead of 3. Our cruise out of NYC was THE BEST so far! The ship was not too big, the community was fabulous. It was purely a FUN trip and one of the reasons we stay sailing Carnival

Lorna - Will have to send you some recent pictures. Phillis and I are planning a shopping trip for next week.

Sounds like an awesome trip. If we win the lottery, we'll join you! Would love to spend more time on the islands and get to explore the a little more. I think we did the Jolly Rogers on Christmas Day while all the shops were closed. I'll never forget St Maartin's because that's where I got my digital camera that I've used so much in the last year.

Linda

:D Just got off the Legand.....our 1st cruise and we LOVED it!

Cabin 8201, 8B with balcony

Table 306 at 2bd seating...Jojit adn Imeade were our wait team..Outstanding!!!!!

Migle was my favorite bar waitress..."Cpt and Coke for Mr. Jeffrey!"

I would cruise the Legand again!(after doing the laundry and dietng for a few months of course...)

I will post a full reveiw (of the the 7 days i rember...the day of the Jolly Roger is a bit hazy after about 1pm!) in a few days along with lots of pcis!

Archived