Refund

ivrier

There will be no refunds......cruise lines  are hoping that many people will foolishly take a future cruise credit.   This will let the cruise line off the hook regarding issuing refunds.  If anyone really notices it,  nobody has really gotten a cash refund for their cruise.  I know cruise lines are very busy with so many cancellations at this time.  However as of this date somebody, somewhere should have received a cash refund for their cruise.  I'm not talking about cruise extras,  i'm talking about cruises  period.

I invested  $1200.00   for two cruises way before final payment which is in August 2020.  I cancelled both of them and I do not want any future cruise credit.  I want my money back until this corona virus is over.  I will decide on my own if I will ever cruise again, in the meantime my money needs to be back in my pocket or in my bank.  

Cruise lines are stalling and holding our money hostage.  ninety days for refunds?  or maybe you have to send in a form for a refund within a certain time line?   if you don't get it in on time you automatically be issued a future cruise credit.  hogwash!!

As I mentioned earlier look at all of the refund blogs no one has gotten a full cash refund anywhere.  cruise lines will delay refunds and eventually go bankrupt and keep all of our money.  everyone should be checking  into starting a massive lawsuit

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, coolhandjiohnson said:

I invested  $1200.00   for two cruises way before final payment which is in August 2020.  I cancelled both of them and I do not want any future cruise credit.  I want my money back until this corona virus is over.  I will decide on my own if I will ever cruise again, in the meantime my money needs to be back in my pocket or in my bank.  

May I ask, did you purchase travel insurance?  

• Like 1

Thankfully I finally received my full refund today, 2 weeks from the time of cancellation. I emailed them  at

casl.disneydestinations@disneyonline.com and they responded in less than 24 hours. I guess I was blessed.

On March 30, 2020, reservation number XXXXXX received the following refunds: 

$376.58 to card ending in 3007
$1,084.92 to card ending in 8009
$1,074.00 to card ending in 8009
$426.00 to card ending in 8009
$1,500.00 to card ending in 6003
$250.00 to card ending in 2009
$315.72 to card ending in 3007

Edited by ivrier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear the last poster got their refund.  I had confidence DCL would honor their promises, and the post from coolhand... is lacking details, blasting cruise lines in general.  I do believe that DCL is cancelling cruises mostly in monthly waves to space out cash outflow and preserve working capital.  We will be cancelling a June Mediterranean cruise once DCL takes action.  Initially, I wanted a cash refund as the future cruise credit could not be used on an existing future reservation, but they fixed their system to allow that, and I will likely now take the future cruise credit if it gets the 125% bump they have been offering on recent cancellations.  DCL, in my opinion, has been trying to be fair.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2020 at 12:41 PM, ivrier said:

Thankfully I finally received my full refund today, 2 weeks from the time of cancellation. I emailed them  at

casl.disneydestinations@disneyonline.com and they responded in less than 24 hours. I guess I was blessed.

On March 30, 2020, reservation number XXXXXX received the following refunds: 

$376.58 to card ending in 3007
$1,084.92 to card ending in 8009
$1,074.00 to card ending in 8009
$426.00 to card ending in 8009
$1,500.00 to card ending in 6003
$250.00 to card ending in 2009
$315.72 to card ending in 3007

So they refunded it piece meal or all at once? We recently got our taxes and fees refunded, but not the fares.

On 3/31/2020 at 3:04 PM, Shmoo here said:

May I ask, did you purchase travel insurance?  

Sort of besides the point here since this isn't the traveler's fault, but a government mandated shutdown on sailings. And DCL is indeed refunding people who ask for it.

37 minutes ago, coldflame said:

Sort of besides the point here since this isn't the traveler's fault, but a government mandated shutdown on sailings. And DCL is indeed refunding people who ask for it.

Not really.   That poster said the final payment for the canceled cruises is in August.  So the cruises are sometime in the future that are not canceled because of the shutdown (yet).  Poster just canceled the cruises.  Any refunds for those would fall under the "normal" cancellation policies.  BUT, there could be a delay just due to the extensive amount of other things that the financial department is probably doing right now.

Edited by Shmoo here

We cancelled our cruise through the Panama Canal scheduled for November 2020. It is a long way off but given the uncertainty with COVID we decided to wait until the air clears. We wanted to get a full refund (which we have received) so decided to cancel early. It did take longer for the refund to be processed through our credit card and we were cautioned by Disney that the process was taking longer than normal. Given the volume of work on the part of Disney as well as the credit card company the delay seemed reasonable to us. The credit card company was so overwhelmed that they were not answering their phone or taking messages. They did have a process for people needing more immediate help.

On 4/19/2020 at 3:09 PM, coldflame said:

The one posted was refunded all at once. I received a couple of more a few days later.

So they refunded it piece meal or all at once? We recently got our taxes and fees refunded, but not the fares.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 11:08 AM, canuckgardener said:

Update..we just received it

Did you initiate the cancellation?  Or they cancelled your sailing?  When were you to sail?  We were to sail March 9, canceled on March 6 and they're saying no refunds.

• 3 months later...

We received a refund for a cruise that we cancelled. We received 100% back ($13,000 or so) as we cancelled before the deadline. At the time we were warned that the refund might take longer than usual as the banks were also dealing with increased activity due to so many people needing to cancel. It all worked out but as people mention it was later than was normal.