RC must put HEPA FILTERS on its ships

3 hours ago, irzero said:

I always get a bad throat on a cruise until i turned off the Aircon. When aircon is in cooling mode it creates moisture which then allows bugs to get in to your lungs via water droplets. Last 2 cruises in inside cabins we kept the aircon so it didnt cool the room and we didnt get throat infections. 

These systems need UV lamps which kill pathogens quickly and safely. I have one in my water filter at home and replace it every 12 months.  

Nonsense

2 hours ago, irzero said:

Condensation forms which is why there is a drain. Whilst it will dry the air out over time the issue is the water in the system, that is why they are huge legionella risk. A badly maintained aircon system can kill and this is possibly how the Princess ship had such a problem. They found corona in the air ducts.

More nonsense

15 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

More nonsense

Only partly incorrect.  There is always a possibility of legionella in a cooling tower or air handler in an AC system, which is why USPH requires the sanitizing pads on ships.  Whether the Diamond Princess had a problem with Covid-19 in their AC system, is not proven, but unlikely.

If articles like that were true, there would have been hundreds of cases on each ship once they had someone become sick.  They are infectious for several days prior to symptoms.

And if the HVAC worked like scare stories say, just about EVERYONE on board would hhave been infected.