A refund success story

papa B me

2 hours ago, babydaryl24 said:

It still has not hit. It still is pending. Today is 21 business days.

Similar situation here. I've just opened up a dispute of over $1,000 on my credit card, inclusive of air, cruise, bus, train, and insurance costs etc. The charges were made in late February and my credit card due date is coming up in less than a week. It doesn't make sense to pay for all this today and then wait for them to refund my money tomorrow. All services have been cancelled.

NCL is beyond the timeframe mentioned in their email for refunding port charges and beverages charges. I called them yesterday and they wouldn't commit to a timeframe for refund. No thanks.

I filed a request for reimbursement with Norwegian Airlines four weeks ago. Today they sent me an email with a broken link asking me to reaffirm my request for reimbursement. No thanks.

Megabus is refusing refund for a trip they cancelled. Only offering gift certificates for future travel. No thanks.

The train website is in Italian language which I can't even understand. No thanks. 

And I also disputed the original charge for my CFAR policy. I filed a claim two weeks ago and haven't received anything. I don't know if they have my request or not. Phone lines are clogged with customers and I can't get through to them. No thanks.

I'll let Visa deal with it. I can't get through to them either, so I am resorting to snail mail. 

49 minutes ago, Lupush said:

I cancelled my February 2021 cruise and got the $1500 deposit refunded to my card in exactly 10 business days.  Start to finish was 3 calendar weeks.

I called last night and cancelled my Dec 2020 cruise. First I was asked if I would rather transfer my $1500 deposit to a cruise further in the future so my final payment date was at a later date. I said "no thanks" and was told my deposit would be credited back to my card but it could take up to 90 days. 90 days seems a bit excessive since it's probably just a matter of a few keystrokes but at this point I'll take that over a FCC or losing my deposit all together to a bankruptcy...

Jim

I did a credit card dispute with bank of america, paid for services not delivered,  about 3 weeks ago for april 3 cruise that ncl cancelled...Got full cash refund to credit card today.  Did not want to wait 90 days for fear they might go bankrupt....plus NEVER got one official word from NCL or OTA where booked that cruise was cancelled until about a week ago.  OTA still not a word other than wanting to know if i wanted to buy shore excursions for non existent cruise....and still getting emails from NCL asking if i want to book with FCC which i don't even have and don't want.