How do Princess calculate the FCC being offered?

nickdrury

On 4/8/2020 at 2:08 PM, ROWSE said:

What will happen with the line item for EZ air?

Travel agent called Princess when May 4, cruise was first cancelled on us, and they stated EZ air would be part of the

150% FCC (our amount promised for our choice of Option 1).  

Other posts I read act like the EZ air price will be like the taxes and fees and put back on our credit card and not part of the FCC.  

If it indeed turns out to be part of the FCC deal, do you suppose then it could go toward the EZ air we booked on our next cruise?  OR will they say FCC can't be used for EZ air?  

It is all clear as mud to me!

I have more information after I wrote this question earlier on in this thread.

After reading so many conflicting things all over the boards about what happens to my "flexible"  EZ air on my booking when I chose option 1 (150%) FCC, I decided to bypass our travel agent this time and call Princess myself.  

After listening to a huge prerecorded video about what button to push, it finally rang through and answered immediately by  a wonderful representative who was a pleasure to talk to.

She listened to my question of "Does my EZ air payment go into the 150% FCC amount, which according to Princess site will not be able to be used later for EZ air purchase."   OR is the air refunded instead to credit card along with anything else that isn't the cruise fare?  

She said she had had every question asked before accept this one so she called a Supervisor, who she said ended up being a TOP supervisor.  Hopefully they knew their stuff.

This is how it works.  I chose Option 1 (150%) FCC.  In our case, nothing is refunded to me by credit card.

The cruise fare and only the cruise fare is part of the 150% FCC.  This amount will be the only thing that shows under the Future Cruise Credits on the Personalizer nothing else.  Half in my personalizer, half in my husbands.  

The airfare will be held at face value in a separate holding account to be used on any future cruise airfare, till 

depleted. 

The line item "Government Fees" (which are port fees) will likewise be held at face value to be used on the same fees on a future cruise.  These holding accounts will be hooked on to this cancelled reservation but will not show on my Personalizer so it would be imperative to have a copy of it to have for future proof.  

She noted that prepaid gratuities which is not part of our deal, but if it is for someone else, would be also held for 

future prepaid gratuities if you chose option one.  She also noted things like prepaid excursions, water, or other things you paid for for this cruise alone, would be refunded.  We had none of that.  

Now because there is so many different answers out there, she made note of what the supervisor had said and attached the answers to the cancelled reservation and also on our new one we hope to use this on in late September.

I feel better, as I will now be able to use the FCC for the cruise fare and our held airline money on the air and I will not have to put any more money out.   I just didn't want to pay any more out and risk having them hold more of our money if the September one is cancelled too. 

This was the answers "today" for me.  It sounded way more reasonable than the first answers I got back in March Princess cancellation time.  

One more thing....she stated the refund would be up to 60 days starting from the cruise date itself which in our case was May 4.  

Edited by ROWSE

Taxes, port fees, excursions, water, dining pre paid. Will be refunded to your credit card you used to pay them with. I received mine. 
FCD was included as part of the FCC I received so I will try to get it reinstated by calling Princess. 

Edited by dog

Our cancelled cruise was paid mostly with gift cards.  Usually gift card refunds go back on that gift card. Thankfully I have keep the information so they can be reused if that is the case . However, some were the promotional  ones, with an expiration date that has long since passed. Hope Princess will convert those to FCC but I guess only time will tell. The different forms of payment must make this a real nightmare for them. A single cruise might be a combination of a number of funding sources.  Three in our case.