Topic deleted without explanation

There was a topic on the HAL board and Celebrity board about an article that appeared in a major US newspaper about the state of the cruise industry and its future.  These topics generated a moderate amount of respectful and on point commentary, but both have been deleted.

I reviewed the community guidelines and can't find how these topics were in violation.   No discussion of travel agents, no bashing cruise lines, no personal attacks.  

Help me understand why these topics were deleted.

7 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

There was a topic on the HAL board and Celebrity board about an article that appeared in a major US newspaper about the state of the cruise industry and its future.  These topics generated a moderate amount of respectful and on point commentary, but both have been deleted.

I reviewed the community guidelines and can't find how these topics were in violation.   No discussion of travel agents, no bashing cruise lines, no personal attacks.  

Help me understand why these topics were deleted.

Per the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

"... The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, is responsible for our Rules of Participation, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Community Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com..."

"... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com..."

As stated above, you need to contact the Community Manager with any questions or feedback regarding anything on the message boards. Please send your email from your Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your Cruise Critic user name.

Host Kat

Edited by Host Kat
Additional information.