Has anyone had a 3rd Party Travel Ins Co Payup for Covid-19

susantx3

Same here SeasideMemories.  never occurred to look for pandemic exclusions.  Princess sent email out today suggesting all passengers buy some type of travel insurance.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SeasideMemories said:

It is true that Insurance policies vary greatly with different companies and different states of residence and it IS up to each person to understand the policy they have. BUT, no where that I can see did this poster insinuate that he/she was upset with their insurance. It sounds like, in fact, the insurance is offering a refund of their premium (still yet to be received though). Their situation involved the policies of the airlines they were booked on re: refund vs air fare credit. Then questions were asked about their policy exclusions which they answered. So not sure why this post?

Thanks for the back up! I was puzzled by the reply myself. I never complained and I knew exactly what I was letting myself in for when I bought the policy. We had our trip cancelled so we asked for a refund. We got it. It showed up today in fact.

There have been several articles on the internet about insurance companies not covering Epidemics and Pandemics. Acts of war etc. It is not just my company. Every one needs to check the policy documents very carefully for that fine print.  Good Luck everyone, hope you can get a refund from your company too!