Koningsdam cabin 5124

cate54

7 hours ago, cate54 said:

Just booked our cruise for next Feb 2021 to Hawaii. Does anyone have pictures of this room , and balcony?

It should be a very good choice. Because of its location just aft of the midships bulge, you have an exceptionally spacious balcony. And it's on the portside, which I've always favored. That shouldn't make any difference on the east-west axis both coming and going but it appears that the ship circles the islands in a counterclockwise direction, which gives a decided advantage to the port side. The only drawback I can foresee, and it's a tiny one, is that looking down from your verandah, you'll have a lifeboat blocking your view to the left on the deck right below. Enjoy!

Any balcony on a cruise ship is great! We did this cruise in 2018 on the Eurodam. The sea days are very relaxing. This past October we sailed for 20 days on the Nieuw Statendam in a Vista Suite. Good value for the money and no visual distractions.

I do see another drawback and that is the right side of the balcony design will not allow as much of a view forward as opposed to being further back. Also due to the design of the davits for the tenders plus the additional height of the tenders, they will be more "visual" than the lifeboats. Also it is a connecting room which may be a factor as well. If still on the Gershwin Deck, VC5154 would be my choice.

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Petronillus said:

It should be a very good choice. Because of its location just aft of the midships bulge, you have an exceptionally spacious balcony. And it's on the portside, which I've always favored. That shouldn't make any difference on the east-west axis both coming and going but it appears that the ship circles the islands in a counterclockwise direction, which gives a decided advantage to the port side. The only drawback I can foresee, and it's a tiny one, is that looking down from your verandah, you'll have a lifeboat blocking your view to the left on the deck right below. Enjoy!

This is all wonderful info and it is very helpful. Thanks so much .