Anyone recieve a letter saying 10-14 day refund and get it?

Luv2cruz1000

Tried to find specific answer to this and can't find it. We were on a March 15 sailing and of course it got cancelled. After a few attempts we did get confirmation that my cancellation went through and got a letter say 10-14 day I would get my refund. Nothing yet. I have gotten several answers from Carnival and not sure if it is the credit card company (which they told me it was!) or if it just not issued yet. 

Thanks

Edited by Luv2cruz1000
Spelling

28 minutes ago, Luv2cruz1000 said:

Tried to find specific answer to this and can't find it. We were on a March 15 sailing and of course it got cancelled. After a few attempts we did get confirmation that my cancellation went through and got a letter say 10-14 day I would get my refund. Nothing yet. I have gotten several answers from Carnival and not sure if it is the credit card company (which they told me it was!) or if it just not issued yet. 

Thanks

Carnival's official answer is now 30-90 days for refunds. Some of their reps will say anything to get you off the phone. One of the ones I spoke to tried to blame the bank. So, this is a common tactic. I have 5 clients that cancelled on March 12. We're still waiting for refunds despite my weekly calls. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Luv2cruz1000 said:

Did you receive any letter for them? They even seem to have a transaction number. Not sure if I will ever see the money!

No, no letter. Just a pop-up when I cancelled the bookings that said refunds in 7-10 days. I'm hoping for the best with this refund issue since all of the cruise lines seem to be taking their sweet time with refunds. 

All of these companies are holding onto YOUR money as long as they can.

I had to call Delta yesterday to find out if my refund had been processed....it had not but they could see it in the system.

They pressed the magic button and waited on the phone to make sure I got the email, it came in 2 mins and the refund hit my BOA last night.

IT'S YOUR MONEY, DEMAND IT BACK ASAP.

• Like 1